Arcade Quake mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcade Quake mod

Does anyone know what happened with this?

Quake Arcade [featured on the Quake Expo 2008]

This 2D version of Quake looked pretty nice and promising when a demo was released back in 2008. It was also built upon the Darkplaces engine. Does anyone know what became of it and if there is a version with more maps?
    Last edited by NightFright; 07-11-2011, 05:17 AM.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Dude I played it while and it's a great game!
    There are a lot of releases that I don't even know they exists..
    200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
    14/05/1811

Comment

I was just wondering what happened to this one recently too. Looked very promising. What I'd really like to see though is a top-down arcade style Quake with points, continues, power ups, extra lives, high score table, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post
        What I'd really like to see though is a top-down arcade style Quake with points, continues, power ups, extra lives, high score table, etc.
        I agree with you; that would be very exciting.
        "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

looks like it wouldve been great fun.

the way the levels are build kinda reminds me of the what duke nukem manhattan project did for duke nukem series. turning a 3d game into a 2d game in a similar side-scrolling way.

had never heard of the project, but it looks like it couldve been real fun.

what happened to it? project died cuz of lack of activity?
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Is there a Blackberry version or can this be made to run on it?

Comment

Working...
            X