X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RQuake Update 2.0

http://www.quakeone.com/rquake

Map Issues Resolved

RocketGuy has aggressively -- and I might add, very impressively -- hammered away at the small remaining map issues in RQuake with QuakeC fixes.

A3 = fixed, lunar = fixed, lunar2 = fixed, wolfdmm3 = fixed, wind tunnel issue with trincasp2 (<--- best map ever :d )

There was a newly discovered issue in the 9Terrors map and he fixed it.

In fact, the only known map issue in RQuake is on the map CMC - "Cheyenne Mountain Complex" where if the player that enters the final exit area, bars close behind him and if that player dies, other players are unable to access that area.

The map evildead has a non-game stopping inconvenience where a player may need to kill themselves if they reach the exit without killing the required number of monsters due to a wind tunnel, but those players could also choose to wait for the rest of their team to kill the monsters.

Nice New Touches

At the end of a map, it prints the monsters killed/monsters total to the console plus does the same for secrets. This means you can check the console to see those results. Also gets stored in qconsole.log if you use the -condebug command line parameter in Quake.

Not only is it a great convenience, it may pave the way for potential future competitive play so teams of players could compete for the record to complete maps.

Distribution For Running At Other Servers

There have been interested parties inquiring about running RQuake Team Cooperative on servers. RQuake Team Coop is a GPL (Open Source) QuakeC modification.

RocketGuy would love to see it running on other servers and likes it when others enjoy the use of what he has made.

The RQuake mod does NOT require custom maps (nor are they part of the mod) ... but many ppl like me enjoy custom maps more :d

Of the 70+ custom maps that are running on the coop.runequake.com:26003 server, 100% of the fixes have been in QuakeC so, thus far, no server-side modifications to maps files (aka special versions of maps) have been necessary to make any of them work. (Hats off to RocketGuy for that).

If you are interested in running a server with the RQuake Team Cooperative mod, you can ask about that at the official forum at http://forums.runecentral.com

Sometime within the coming days, there will be server-side distribution packages for the mod with pre-compiled binaries (Win and Linux) of the custom engine, source code by Rocketguy plus a GPL'd map source for the intro map, which I made with my feeble mapping skillz.

http://www.quakeone.com/rquake
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Might I also add that the server is running off sqpro (linux proquake). Or has this changed rocketguy?

Comment

It's a modified ProQuake Linux binary running on the server. The RQuake mod requires a couple of changes to make some of the features possible.

The only one I know of is that all nightmare single player entities (including doors/lifts/keys) are forced to appear in deathmatch the way that they normally would in single player.

Some entities are removed by the engine normally before they hit QuakeC depending on the mode, that had to be changed to support that feature.

This allows the cool feature in RQuake of individual player scores while still running the map in a pure standard single player/coop style of play.
      Last edited by Baker; 05-11-2006, 01:48 AM.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Update of the update:

Rocketguy has fixed all outstanding map issues, the server has not been updated with this latest version yet, however.

Plus he's adding some very excellent new features geared towards convenience and competitive play.

Comment

Update of the update of the update:

RocketGuy has added a cool CRCTF style on-screen display as RQuake is being geared towards both casual and competitive play (for possible bust up a map as fast as possible competitions with different teams).

RQuake requires 75% of monsters to be killed to exit.

If you use the command "pro-toggle", it will turn the ProMode display on that shows monsters killed/monsters required to kill. It is OFF by default.

These competitive-play geared features are still evolving.

Comment

You should get FRIK_FILE support, then have it record the names of all the players involved into a database-ish thing, recording their individual scores as well as the time taken to beat the map. Then when someone else finishes the map, it could centerprint the 5 best scores or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajt
              You should get FRIK_FILE support, then have it record the names of all the players involved into a database-ish thing, recording their individual scores as well as the time taken to beat the map. Then when someone else finishes the map, it could centerprint the 5 best scores or something.
              Hehe, quit reading my mind, Sajt.

Comment

Working...
              X