Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadGypsy
    replied
    @You'd perhaps be better off hanging around func_msgboard (it's very active)

sure, func is nice but, it's hardly a replacement for full-blown forum software. Profiles, your own drive, thread subscriptions, chat room, post editing for infinity, avatars, signatures, private messaging, public messaging, archived pages of tools, engines, editors... etc

NextGenQuake has all of those things and more. I add new features constantly.

Leave a comment:

• Focalor
    replied
    Originally posted by Immorpher View Post
    Will I know if someone replies?
    That depends. Will you actually check the webpage? If not, you'd better be psychic, ...cuz we ain't callin' you on the phone, broseph.

Leave a comment:

• Hipnotic Rogue
    replied
    Sadly, these days, I think you're more likely to get a reply from a spambot selling shoes or sunglasses than a real person so I wouldn't worry too much.

Seriously though, the place is pretty broken just now. You'd perhaps be better off hanging around func_msgboard (it's very active) until such times as this place is actually given some care.

Leave a comment:

• Immorpher
    replied
    As a newbie to this forum, are people still around? Will I know if someone replies?

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    For 6 years I had my page order set exactly like 'LATEST ACTIVITY'. I may be the only one but, for me this is no different (except first post is always visible). Why is it so important to look at posts first to last with a special link to last instead of last to first as soon as you visit the page?

Leave a comment:

• Focalor
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutch View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Doesn't the recent activity operate just like the old new posts option? It displays the threads that were most recently commented on. It just looks different.

My only complaint is clicking on a thread with recent activity takes you to the first page...I think the old system let you click "last page" or something.
    There is a LAST PAGE button with the page number options at the bottom of a page. At the very least it would help to add that LAST PAGE link to the top of a page as well.

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    I'm a bit confused. Doesn't the recent activity operate just like the old new posts option? It displays the threads that were most recently commented on. It just looks different.

My only complaint is clicking on a thread with recent activity takes you to the first page...I think the old system let you click "last page" or something.

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    replied
    Originally posted by Hipnotic Rogue View Post

Thanks. That'll certainly do the job for now.
    If that's what you were looking for, I can make that link show up in the navbar.... if it's not what you were looking for, please let me know so I can try to replicate what you are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Hipnotic Rogue
    replied
    Originally posted by Solecord View Post
    Try clicking on this link: https://goo.gl/kUfcT7

Is this what you are looking for?
    Thanks. That'll certainly do the job for now.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    I'm pretty sure it's just team colors. Red, Blue, Yellow, White...? I forget and I'm not positive.

Leave a comment:

• Focalor
    replied
    Before logging in, I saw this.

What if I'm color blind? No seriously, I can't tell if that's blue or purple.

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    replied
    Try clicking on this link: https://goo.gl/kUfcT7

Is this what you are looking for?

Leave a comment:

• Hipnotic Rogue
    replied
    I'll copy a link to this thread into the Site Feedback section then.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Solecord tends to read the Site FeedBack section. I don't know that comments here would get seen by him.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    yeah i agree with spike... it kinda seems like nobody ever replies to new threads
    cuz the 'latest activity' only shows the first post of each thread instead of showing the last post

and you still have to manually check out each thread to see if anybody actually posted in it since your last visit

and i also really miss the frontpage news... right now posting news is pretty much useless
    since people would have to be actively looking for it to even be able to find any news posted
    Last edited by talisa; 07-29-2017, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X