Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT (to be considered)

Hi!

So when I look at the banner I think... well I like that banner for sure but we could also have something better... may be it's time BUT may be it's NOT. Well understand that it is just a question of priority.

Talking about it... do you check other sections of this web site sometimes??? It's in most of the case very very outdated by years.

So I saw recently the Navigator page (Quake Navigator) and Today I saw the FreeQuake page (FreeQuake: Install and Play Quake in 5 minutes!).

I will try have the ok to work on this and I think that would be great if some of you "look around" and find the stuff URGENT to take care of... it won't necesarely be you to take care of it but it will be very probably considered.

Mindz have good insights about stuff URGENT AND NECESSARY to be verified... like the Steam Guide he did couple of months ago, the autodownload server for maps, demos, etc.

Thanks for your 2 cents biatches
    Last edited by Mom; 05-12-2013, 06:40 PM.

I think the banner could use updating. Plus, it's only half a banner... mirrored hehe

I would think using an iconic mod/level(s) in a composition to create a new banner would be ideal. And get the lightening bolts off the QuakeOne.com logo :-P
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Why don't you take a pic of your buns for the banner, problem solved

Comment

I like the banner personally. If it's dated, it only brings good vibes about the game. The game is dated but living, nostalgiac and - just good. The only change my be adding a few other banners that rotate. Keep the banner. Nothing wrong with it.

Comment

^ Thank you

Comment

I would probably be finished with the banner by now, but between being misunderstood, followed by ignored, I decided that I don't care about the banner and completely dropped it, like 2 weeks ago. I'll revisit it for myself at a later time.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeRoot View Post
              I like the banner personally. If it's dated, it only brings good vibes about the game. The game is dated but living, nostalgiac and - just good. The only change my be adding a few other banners that rotate. Keep the banner. Nothing wrong with it.
              I also like the banner, the only thing that would make it better would be nav buttons at the bottom such as PLAY NOW (a quick freequake installer plus a server to connect to). Just need a couple hooks for people who don't know a Quake from a Call of Duty from a Minecraft.

Comment

the banner changing is only a myth.
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

But but...

i found this on the net lolz

ok i know Yellow#5 made that banner, simply out of "hey lemme help!"
                  but that banner is NOT depicting oldschool quake!

1.> thats a RuneQuake screenshot
                  2.> its using Qrack with enhanced (non-quake) particles
                  3.> the textures look like quake3
                  4.> back in 2005 most peeps had 4:3 crt monitors and so u only saw half the banner... now its just a mirror and looks empty.

how about just a big ass QUAKEONE.com logo in the middle and an advert box on both sides, doubling the adverts!

ok ill stfu for a sec while i go make something as an example, besides im waiting for a download to finish and have nothing else to do...
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Well guys it was about URGENT STUFF not about that banner again... I don't consider the banner urgent... if it was the case I'd have been after Sole much more agressively hehe.

Recently we had something URGENT to deal with... Baker retirement.

URGENT also means IT SUX BAD that you can see this here... like imagine a server browser outdated (or not giving active servers).

See the idea?? For the banner please go to the recent original thread:
                    http://quakeone.com/forums/website-r...rd-banner.html

Comment

Things that are urgent : I have a list of things important to netquake exclusively. like all CAx server being updated to modern versions
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                        Things that are urgent : I have a list of things important to netquake exclusively. like all CAx server being updated to modern versions
                        Exact... noted!

Comment

Well I will try to make a following... later after my QRACK never ending movie is over.

Comment

Working...
                          X