The PERFECT Addition to Quakeone.com Forum/Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PERFECT Addition to Quakeone.com Forum/Site

I uploaded a file that I have had for awhile which you can use on your forum and/or site. This would be PERFECT for many of us at work,school or even home. Some of us who use cellphone or even regular laptop's etc.

I had this on one of my sites and now giving it here in hopes to seeing it added to here. Maybe? www.quakeone.com/forum.php/Quake-Flash.Swf
    This is a GREAT Quality as far as Graphics,sounds etc .SWF Flash Version of Quake 1. Quake 1 SWF Flash DL
    It has all the menus that Quake 1 has. Will this end up here? It certainly will
    make people catch the QUAKE Bug and join people on servers and so on.!

**For those who DL and can't figure out how to run. Simply Right Click and Select OPEN WITH Firefox browser.

Look for Quake Live hehe

Might be interesting for sure... Baker this guy around he knows about it!

Comment

Originally posted by quake.elite View Post
      I uploaded a file that I have had for awhile which you can use on your forum and/or site. This would be PERFECT for many of us at work,school or even home. Some of us who use cellphone or even regular laptop's etc.

I had this on one of my sites and now giving it here in hopes to seeing it added to here. Maybe? www.quakeone.com/forum.php/Quake-Flash.Swf
      This is a GREAT Quality as far as Graphics,sounds etc .SWF Flash Version of Quake 1. Quake 1 SWF Flash DL
      It has all the menus that Quake 1 has. Will this end up here? It certainly will
      make people catch the QUAKE Bug and join people on servers and so on.!

**For those who DL and can't figure out how to run. Simply Right Click and Select OPEN WITH Firefox browser.
      Is it legal to have this here? I ask because IDK shit about licenses ETC, its basic Shareware SinglePlayer quake in flash format only.

Quakeone.com could use a web-based & FREE 2 PLAY Quake1 Multiplayer engine, like Quake Live has.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

@Mindz

Can you please explain just a little!

Comment

Originally posted by Mom View Post
          @Mindz

Can you please explain just a little!

Go experience/play a game of Quake Live, make a note of these things..

-the game is played from your web-browser
          -the game is multiplayer based
          -the game is essentially available to ANYONE,for FREE.

I should make a statement ,a declaration of sorts, that its pretty fucking obvious Id Software will never give a fuck about Quake1.

Sooner or later we'll have to take the future of our beloved game into our own hands,and that will mean pissing into the wind, throwing mud in ID Softwares eyes,kicking rocks at them, and basically doing whatever it takes to make Quake1 accessible again.

Sorry, the status quo of Q1 is about as accessible as the moon, you can look at it (Quakeone.com, its TO BE LOOKED AT).

I would prefer, Quakeone.com be ACCESSIBLE AND MORE THAN JUST SOMETHING TO LOOK AT.........

6+ Engine authors all working on custom engines.
          6+ Mappers always mapping their own projects
          6+QC coders /or people who understand the jargon/

Quick Facts....

-At the time of this writing, 155 people was browsing Quakeone.com , take 10 or so for crawlers ETC.

-Quakeone.com is only being LOOKED AT.

-Quakeone.com COULD be the hub of Quake1 multiplayer gaming just like QuakeLive became the hub of Quake3 gaming.

at some point in time, either Id Software has to begin giving a fuck again or WE have to begin giving a fuck again. We're on the down hill side of a losing battle, losing players left and right, stupid idiots like Mark banning people, ignorant fucks like Krix blasting members of the community with his incessant shit-talk calling people N?GGERS left and right.

be glad I don't run the show because holy fuck, talk about changes.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay9BWM8lwOA]2pac-Changes - YouTube[/ame]

ps : Would I want a new community of Quakers to join us and play with us? No, because its the wild west around here. It's sad that I would be afraid to even let my kids play this game, based on the way this community can treat EACH OTHER, let alone some new comers. Why the fuck would someone bother?

I <3 Quake
          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hi Mindz!

Well it is not nice to get that picture but you got great notes and I see exactly what you mean.

NOW! You the guy who should go break the doors out there... or who!?

At this right moment anf since a while I'd like someone anyone to sue me so we should move on and see... may be... I would!

Anyway your point looks like to me this is ABANDONWARE or close... WTF!

Comment

Another thing missing is $$$$$$$$$$$$$... with some you could be fixed for long time... let's make some PR and LOBYING... they all did it once... why not Q1.COM.

Comment

I have to say, based on my own experience, there is a lot of truth in what Mindz has said and the very fact that someone so committed to the game feels that way says a lot (to me at least).

Some individuals take great delight in ruining the multiplayer experience for others with little or no provocation. I would also agree that I would have to think very carefully about recommending friends and new players to play on certain servers or with these individuals as the controls to minimize the effect of this sort of behaviour on new comers and regulars alike are not widely available.

Just a thought on the "QuakeOne Live" question though, would it be worth looking at weather we can harness the resources we already have? We have a number of engine coders here at Q1.com and perhaps the first question might be is there sufficient support for a web based client. Most of already have full versions of Quake so there would have to be some advantage to regulars in using this feature. For new comers it would be an obvious attraction.
                Depending on the outcome of question 1, question 2 might be would it be possible to include a playable legitimate version of their engine or a collaborative engine inside a browser window? Okay it may not have all the bells, whistles and eye candy, and there would be a mountain of technical difficulties to overcome. but in principle could a simplified version be produced without too much hassle? Rook/Baker/Spike/LH/MH ? Off the top of your head, what do you think?

With regard to the more general topic of site content, I would be interested to know what other features people like to see on a Quake One gaming site as this may help Sole and others in their future plans. So in order or preference what are the top 3-5 features that you feel would enhance your Quake experience. Let's start the ball rolling with the following which, based on other threads, appears to be a baseline set of requirements:
                • a live server browser so you can see what games are taking place and who is playing
                • A news section
                • A forum (maybe)?
                • A [working] downloads section (maybe)?
                • Some form of player stats for the competitively minded players

Any other ideas?

Kind regards

Monty
                Last edited by Mr.Burns; 07-10-2013, 01:17 AM.
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

not gonna happen.

Quake is an elitist game now and anyone interested in playing it will get stomped. This is why 90% of the messages here are about yorking shamblers in single player.

The other 9% is about people customizing the game for recognition, the last 1% is about b.s.

Multiplayer Quake is (sadly) QuakeLive. It has everything thats was previously posted and then some.

It's like being 25 and bitching about your teacher from the 6th grade.

If online Quake1 was more relaxed for just the sheer fun instead of PRO-LEAGUE egos there would be more players.
                  Yet even with pub servers, newbs like to show off their rigs to friends by playing superfluous gfx games with weaker gameplay.

Poor gfx games are only for strategy games not FPS. Quake is doomed

Gamers are egocentric or else we would be playing on calculators trying to compute algorithms faster than each other.
                  Why else play new games at 30fps when u can play Quake(live) at 125-1000fps?
                  Last edited by R00k; 07-09-2013, 09:22 PM.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Why not compete qlive then... obvious choice!

And I think it's very possible... people always come back... the many other reasons are known but I won't be the one to try/fix it...

Comment

Mom? Quake Live?

Is it true with QL (Quake Live) that we only have a client and have little to no 'ownership' unlike Quake-Quake 2 for the maps and such? I mean, the files are up on a database instead? (That's what I read years ago, maybe it was just an idea then?)

Comment

I don't know much I've tried it and for sure you don't have much control but it might be a good thing since cheating would be very hard (or impossible).

Comment

no thanks Mark, If I wanted to play QuakeLive I would have abandoned ship loooooong ago,like when it came out.

Or when Quake3 came out?

Comment

Working...
                          X