Logo idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo idea

Had this logo idea a while ago, this is just an ugly mockup to illustrate the idea.
    Maybe I'll draw a better looking version if I find the time.

Hello Spiney,

I like your idea.
    The number itself could be replaced by a romanic type number maybe ?
    I am no paint artist, so this is as far as I could go with a ripped number from the internet

Comment

is that an I O U in disguise? :s
      Some Game Thing

Comment

Seven: yeah might be better like that. I thought about it, but decided having the 1 more explicit would be stronger, but I might need to reconsider.

Spike: erh, make it a donate button? though that would be a U I O perhaps?

Comment

i think you should try a rail road spike in place of the one... i dig the moon thats bad ass http://blog.ncbaptist.org/todaysdisc.../09/spike2.jpg

Comment

An eclipse of the earth might look like Planet Quake logo!
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I never used to watch movies, but I decided that I wanted to build up a collection, so I bought a couple hundred movies and started watching. I find quake shit everywhere, especially in medieval movies.

I was watching something... a remake of "journey to the center of the earth" and they used the mess out of the teleporter sound. There was another movie [thinking] ?Midnight Chronicles? (I think that was it) where the enemy symbol was suspiciously similar to Q1 logo. There are like 3 or 4 more, but I can't remember which. OH WAIT! One kung fu movie I have the guys weapon is exactly the q1 logo but the movie was made like 30 years before Quake.

I know this has nothing to do with your logo idea, but it does have to do with logos and Quake, so...

lol... I went from zero to 214 movies in 3 days. I paid an average of 3$ a piece. I also have a massive kung fu collection now (about half of my movies). If you ever want to know a good kung fu movie to watch, I can give you titles. I have already watched like 60+ of them.
              Last edited by MadGypsy; 08-22-2013, 08:06 PM.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

i got to i never.. then thought, hmm im drunk and im lost, post is going no where
                and then i think if i eat more peanut butter its gonna hurt tomorrow...
                Last edited by R00k; 08-22-2013, 11:01 PM.
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

lol!

Maybe beer is good for you if it stops you from getting 3 or more words into one of my posts... {snicker}. Drink a few more, maybe Mom will start making sense and you can spend the rest of the night translating the forum for us.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                    lol!

Maybe beer is good for you if it stops you from getting 3 or more words into one of my posts... {snicker}. Drink a few more, maybe Mom will start making sense and you can spend the rest of the night translating the forum for us.

But I'm actually interested in this kung fu collection, got any particular recommendations?

Oh, and on topic, the logo is pretty cool, might take an attempt at it myself later. (I need to set my new system up. (DUAL CORE SHOULD ALLOW RT LIGHTING IN DARKPLACES <3))
                    twitch
                    wew lad

Comment

Have a logo competition.. Have a vote?

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                        Have a logo competition.. Have a vote?
                        Good idea
                        twitch
                        wew lad

Comment

@O Mac

newer

Ip Man - The legend is born [Dennis Hong]
                          Ip Man - [Donnie Yen]
                          Ip Man 2 - Legend of the grandmaster [Donnie Yen]
                          Legend of the Fist - [Donnie Yen]
                          Iron Monkey - [Donnie Yen, Yu Rong]
                          Hero [Jet Li, Donnie Yen] - EPIC!
                          Flying Swords of Dragons Gate [Jet Li and others - don't feel like typing all these names] - there is a kung fu battle in the sky inside of a tornado...lol

older

Tai Chi Master [Jet Li] - stupid plot but incredibly engaging fights
                          Fist of Legend - [Jet Li]

really old

Mad Monkey Kung Fu [?people you have never heard of]
                          Five Shaolin Masters [David Chiang, Ti Lung, Alexander Fu Sheng] - which are kung fu super stars of their time btw
                          (Return of) The 5 deadly Venoms (2 different movies) - [lots and lots of people]
                          Shoguns Ninja - [?] really good though

more like asian cinema

Shaolin - [Andy Lau, Nicholas Tse, Jackie Chan]
                          Revolution 1911 [Jackie Chan]
                          War of the Arrows [?awesome nobodies]
                          Battle of the Warriors (mistranslated - should be Battle of the Minds) [Andy Lau]

NEVER EVER WASTE YOUR TIME WITH

Tai Chi (Hero/Zero) [?]
                          Sorcerer and the White Snake [Jet Li]
                          The Man With The Iron Fists [Russel Crowe, Rza, Lucy Liu, ?Batista - and he can turn into copper :rolls eyes:] - booooo fuck this kind of "kung fu" film
                          Blade Of Kings [Donnie Yen] - only donnie yen movie I have ever seen that wasn't awesome...as a matter of fact this completely sucks.

----

Hanna - this is not kung fu (perse) but it is an awesome movie. There are fight scenes and they use kung fu but it's all Germans and Brits and the overall movie does not really focus on Kung fu so much as the plot - which is the polar opposite of a kung fu movie lol

Watch all that and I'll tell you some more.
                          Last edited by MadGypsy; 08-27-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I see this one going over like a lead balloon. looks amateurish and the color scheme doesn't match the rest of the site. The fact that the banner is tiled and horizontally inverted would work great with this graphic though... Probably would need permission for the art as well...

www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

Originally posted by Spiney View Post
                              Had this logo idea a while ago, this is just an ugly mockup to illustrate the idea.
                              Maybe I'll draw a better looking version if I find the time.

It looks very much like my conback I made last year but Lunar where I made mine solar yours is Terran , me likes. Do a search for conback threads to see what I did.
                              WARNING
                              May be too intense for some viewers.
                              Stress Relief Device
                              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                              ---------------------------
                              .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X