Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customization on Server List (front page)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customization on Server List (front page)

Was wondering if you were up to tinkering with the server page so servers that:
    a) have an admin reserved spot (example, shmack)
    b) have only that admin reserved spot online

..don't appear above servers that actually have players in them.

from
    Code:
    Shmack RQ   	01/16
    RQ Practice Mode   	01/08
    Fear RQP+   	01/16
    Future vs Fantasy 	01/12
    Beatdown Alley 3 	01/09
    Bomber CAx 	00/16
    Clan HDZ 3wav 	00/16
    RQuake TeamCoop 	00/13
    RQ Rocket Arena 	00/08
    IHOC Rocketwar   	00/10
    Intertex CTF   	00/16
    to
    Code:
    RQ Practice Mode   	01/08
    Future vs Fantasy 	01/12
    Fear RQP+   	01/16
    Beatdown Alley 3 	01/09
    Shmack RQ   	01/16
    Bomber CAx 	00/16
    Clan HDZ 3wav 	00/16
    RQuake TeamCoop 	00/13
    RQ Rocket Arena 	00/08
    IHOC Rocketwar   	00/10
    Intertex CTF   	00/16
    maybe give servers that actually have players in them a different font? Just a suggestion

Maybe I'm slow and out of date, or just too techie, but how are we supposed to copy the server address when it appears in little window beside the mouse? Not a complaint, just so you know. I haven't even taken the time to install Quake on this PC yet, because it's 50 miles away and I don't care what you say about it being the 2nd thing you find in Google, it aint!
    "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

You're not supposed to copy? You're supposed to remember or write it down... you can't copy/paste into quake anyways, so what good is copying it do? All server addresses appear inline on the main server list

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord
        You're not supposed to copy? You're supposed to remember or write it down... you can't copy/paste into quake anyways, so what good is copying it do? All server addresses appear inline on the main server list
        Ah, I forgot about the main server list, never go there much. And yes, you can paste in most modified engines of Quake.

Comment

Wow you can copy/paste in qrack Neato. lol

And you may have not gone to the server list much because it was just launched late last week.

Comment

You can do that in ProQuake, JoeQuake and DarkPlaces as well. Probably a lot of other engines as well.

Originally posted by IEEE 802.11
            Ah, I forgot about the main server list, never go there much.
            Like Steve said, the full page server browser has only been available for about 4 days.

Originally posted by IEEE 802.11
            Maybe I'm slow and out of date, or just too techie, but how are we supposed to copy the server address when it appears in little window beside the mouse? Not a complaint, just so you know. I haven't even taken the time to install Quake on this PC yet, because it's 50 miles away and I don't care what you say about it being the 2nd thing you find in Google, it aint!
            Eventually there is going to be a direct connect button. Click on a button and it will connect you to the server.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

you can't copy/paste into quake anyways
              proquake allows you to paste copy from website, paste in quake

so what are your thoughts sole? (refering to the actual thread topic ;P)

Comment

And you may have not gone to the server list much because it was just launched late last week.
                Actually I thought it was the old server list, I just now took a look at it and it's much different. Good job guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
                  so what are your thoughts sole? (refering to the actual thread topic ;P)
                  In php code (which is how I manipulate the server data) how would I distinguish between a normal player and an admin player? Say, for example, for each server I can enter a username for an admin player. What if a normal player uses that name? I'll be blocking them as well then. I suppose I could check time of connection but for admin users won't that rest to 0 after 999hours (or minutes, whatever)?

Comment

In php code (which is how I manipulate the server data) how would I distinguish between a normal player and an admin player? Say, for example, for each server I can enter a username for an admin player. What if a normal player uses that name? I'll be blocking them as well then. I suppose I could check time of connection but for admin users won't that rest to 0 after 999hours (or minutes, whatever)?
                    I don't know how you're doing it already but I guess you could have an extra attribute for a qserver that's true/false is it has an admin player in it. Then you just use a few checks to distinguish between admin spot servers and empty servers

Might seem like a lot of work but hey, it's a suggestion

Comment

For some reason when I was originally thinking about this I thought I'd need to distinguish the actual admin spot from basic users. I guess I really don't need to do that, just specify if a server has an admin slot or not...

Comment

For some reason when I was originally thinking about this I thought I'd need to distinguish the actual admin spot from basic users. I guess I really don't need to do that, just specify if a server has an admin slot or not...
                        hehe, I tend to think of the simplest solution when it's not me writing the code

Of course you're first thought would be the most efficient if there were servers that are dynamically changing

Comment

Working...
                        X