Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Submissions & a Test Run B2Q's in a different formatting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Submissions & a Test Run B2Q's in a different formatting.

I just wanted to post reminder that ANYONE can submit news. Golden_Boy,Talisa,and myself have all undertaken doing News for Quakeone.com and we strive to include each and every project in the front page News section!

When a news article is questionable whether it belongs or doesn't belong, DOES'NT MATTER, if I am unsure about the article being submitted, I'll proceed to submit the News to the front page and then I'll shoot Solecord a PM and use his judgements. I enjoy this method as it doesn't leave anyone out of the process of submitting news and ensures everyone has a fair hand shake in this community.

I made a post in this exact forum a few weeks ago concerning a possible scheduling , we got 7 days a week and nearly EVERY DAY something new and fantastic is appearing on the forums, whether the 3 compadre News Team that has slowly been assembled catches and notices these new and fantastic items constantly barraging the forums is noticed is left up to the chance the forums don't cycle the post from the front page. I rarely click the forums actual link, I stay ass cheek deep in whatever is the hot topics being discusses on the frontpage of recent posts! I can't speak for Golden_Boy or Talisa,but that's my take!

So, if you've produced , modded , authored , or in any scope submitted something that did not get that front page treatment you was hoping for, you're not out of luck.

If you're project has fell through the cracks, contact these guys/gals

Mindf!3ldzX ~ Heavily into competitive gaming, multiplayer Q1 is his cup of tea.He don't sip that tea he fucking chugs it regardless of the temperature. Sometimes he gets burned,but always come back for more.Oh yea, he loves free games too btw.

Golden_Boy ~ This guy is out of this world oozing with knowledge of about anything you could imagine relating to Q1 and coding. He has a real good eye and typically catches news worthy items that appear or occur outside out lil corner of the www called Quakeone.com , I made it a purpose to continue making noise and creating entropy in every post I made until I got his attention and I succeeded. He's to put it bluntly, the shit, take a wiff anywhere you see this guy making News articles, he sets the bar for myself in what I consider a standard of quality in terms of News articles!

Talisa ~ I do not mingle with her very much,mostly due to I avoid the opposite gender being a married man,I set a rule for myself long ago,but this is what I know for facts : She endured some serious shit from myself and others in this community, but was not deterred from continuing to take part in this community. She's constantly churning out updated models / graphics for modern / updated DarkPlaces use, from the basic Quake1 replacements clear into Mission Packs and beyond! It takes a real thick skinned person to survive the barrage of bullshit that was flung around during her early days here at Quakeone.com and I'm extremely happy that she made it through those early days. I salute you chick, you've got bigger balls than some of the grown men I've seen come and go from these forums. You handled yourself and ourselves with class. PROPS!

In closing, this is our community. Anyone can participate as much or as little as they desire, no boundaries! If you're interested in joining this News team then shoot me a PM and I'll see what can be worked out.

So far 3 out of 7 days could be covered, It would be awesome if Quakeone.com could have a News article every day of the week. This is a goal I've wanted to succeed at accomplishing ever since being thrust into doing News, and I've touched base on this subject once before in this exact same forum.

That is all , short of you rock (If you're reading this, I'm talking to you!)
    Thanks for making Quakeone.com what it is today with your interactions and the such!

-Chris aka Mindzy
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Working...
X