Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got enough of receiving unwanted e-mails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobalt
    replied
    I was asking if maybe the emails were from the other site. The other thread I posted in that you locked, I agreed with the issue regarding the emails coming to people as "spam".

I tried to tell you in our PM's that other people might see this the same way I do and didnt think locking the thread was needed, but you seem to believe thats the way to go , and you do have the power to take action as you see fit as a mod....but realize you could be shutting down the opportunity for other people to post their views, and when you do that it can make a website look very suspicious to the random newcomer on the scene.

Also am I to be viewed as an enemy now, because I see an opportunity to participate on another Quake website in the hopes I can make a difference and turn things around?

If I cant, you will be the first person I let know what an idiot I was. Do you accept the challenge?

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    It's not a threat, it's just a bit of an ass move to take another site's name and append a .net to it, as if the two had anything to do with each other.

Defending a guy who's banned on this forum is not the smartest thing to do. Cobalt, this is the second post from you on this matter, after writing me a ton of PMs to the same effect. You've made your point. I'm tired of it. Don't make me lock this thread too.

@MG, are you kidding? Why would we do anything like that.

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    It's not a threat, it's just a bit of an ass move to take another site's name and append a .net to it, as if the two had anything to do with each other.

Defending a guy who's banned on this forum is not the smartest thing to do. Cobalt, this is the second post from you on this matter, after writing me a ton of PMs to the same effect. You've made your point. I'm tired of it. Don't make me lock this thread too.

@MG, are you kidding? Why would we do anything like that.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    I'm with Cobalt on the name thing. Considering Mark is one guy and his community consists of "us", it would be very easy for a large handful of people to co-opp his site. Think "tea party". It was nothing gor democrats to infiltrate the tea party and redirect their efforts. Tea party went from being a liberitarian grass roots movement to being a neutered club with no solid direction. Doing that to Marks site wouldn't be that complicated.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    Thats what I use to think, but now Im not looking at it that way.

Aside from what others may say, I dont see quakeone or quake1 anything but a reference to the original Quake game from 1996. ITs like saying this site has exclusive rights over the entire Quake1 game itself and anyone else with a similar idea is an "enemy" regardless of intent. To see it as a threat, when it has no forums, and perhaps only a fraction the members in it as this site does seems to me sort of odd, but thats just me and I realize its most likely impossible to get anyone seeing it differently. Its not for everyone but it does have some potential, and I rejoined to see if I can make a difference. Others mileage may vary of course.

Originally posted by R00k View Post
    lol true, Mark went all nut-job on us made a clone of quakeone called it .net
    sent out messages to anyone that google returned associated with quake to promote a false network.

it's like me walking in my backyard and sitting in a bucket, declaring king of my own made-up country.

sad.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    lol true, Mark went all nut-job on us made a clone of quakeone called it .net
    sent out messages to anyone that google returned associated with quake to promote a false network.

it's like me walking in my backyard and sitting in a bucket, declaring king of my own made-up country.

sad.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    Are you sure its not quakeone.net instead of .com ?

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    replied
    I'm confused? What emails? The forum only sends emails to replies of your posts IF you requested it or you subscribed to a thread...

You can unsubscribe from a thread by visiting the thread and hitting the Thread Tools link at the top right of the thread...

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkon
    Nope, but I've already read someone reporting this somewhere else in the forum.
    Nevermind. I think Sole will eventually see this.

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkon View Post
    Hi all,
    while waiting for a fix in the user cp (disabling the option of receiving messages from moderators and other users doesn't seem to be working) I've added all @quakeone.com addresses to spam list.
    I will remove this as soon as I read on the forum this has been fixed.
    Hi, this problem is news to me. Have you reported this to Solecord?

Leave a comment:

• Arkon
    started a topic Got enough of receiving unwanted e-mails...

Got enough of receiving unwanted e-mails...

Hi all,
    while waiting for a fix in the user cp (disabling the option of receiving messages from moderators and other users doesn't seem to be working) I've added all @quakeone.com addresses to spam list.
    I will remove this as soon as I read on the forum this has been fixed.
Working...
X