Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got enough of receiving unwanted e-mails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    I kept reporting it to the FCC lol. My logic was, "you" must be trying to piss me off with this garbage so "Surprise!" I'm pissed.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/h..._form_id=38824
    Mark is a Canadian. A French Canadian

Anyways, hats off to GoldenBoy.
    Last edited by Baker; 04-23-2015, 10:08 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

baker baker baker. Always quick to overlook the facts that matter. You'd chase the cheese to catch a rat. One day you will realize that I'm no joke, dude. Spamming the fuck out of my inbox with "updates" and no unsubscribe link is bullshit. If you don't think that pressure could be put on his host to stop his shitty "business" practices, then you haven't been paying attention. And actually the spam DID automagically disappear although, I have no idea if I had anything to do with it. Don't care either. I'm just glad it's gone. Maybe my 10 or so reports didn't even raise an eyebrow at the FCC, and that's why we can't have nice things. Too many people are content with complaining to people that cant do shit about it. I complain to people that can.

Fuck, man - we pay for all this shit (government) what's the point if you never use it? I literally call politicians and bitch. I will show up at your mother fuckin office if you don't take my call. This is what we are SUPPOSED to do! If more people had my guts, determination and voice half the clowns running this country would be in prison. No, wait, ALL of the clowns running this country would be in prison. We've gone from too big to fail to too big to jail. Instead of attempting to make me look silly for doing exactly what I'm supposed to do, why don't you put that energy toward actually trying to make a difference?

You have a good head on your shoulders, what are you really doing with it? Does it have some other function than flaming people on a site for a 20 year old game? Does your life have a purpose beyond making the 1 billionth quake engine and expelling intelligently written negativity? You don't have to prove it to me, dude. It's your life. I can't expect everything I attempt to ripple through the system and change the state of things but, the world can expect me to try. Mark is small beans and I wasn't fuckin playing with him. While people here were going boo hoo, I was attempting to shut down his whole damn site. I can't MAKE it happen but I can do better than whine about it on a forum.

WHOIS search results for: QUAKEONE.NET (Registered)
      Is this your
      domain?
      GO
      Add hosting, email and more.

Admin Street: 701 Lee Road, Suite 300
      Admin Street: ATTN: quakeone.net
      Admin City: Chesterbrook
      Admin State/Province: PA
      Admin Postal Code: 19087
      Admin Country: US
      Admin Phone: +1.8772064254

Tech State/Province: PA
      Tech Postal Code: 19087
      Tech Country: US

On a side note. I don't have shit against Mark and wish him luck in whatever he is doing. Whatever stupid decisions he made in the past that affected me, are in the past. That doesn't change the facts of what I did or the fact that I'm not sorry. I make very calculated decisions. To claim any form of regret would be assinine. Like people that apologize to their spouse for beating them.
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-25-2015, 07:17 AM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Please don't doxx people here.

Comment

Mad Gypsy, calm the fuck down, OK.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Felt good to type it than wipe it bruh, insinuating that I type of a large portion of text, and then promptly replaced it with this. kudo's
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Of course you are right , its bad practice and I have made sure its been recognized.

The fact Mark is Canadian I believe is significant, because if you look at most the spam issues overall on the internet as a whole, you can see they come from telemarketers (so far 99% of mine are originated in the USA) who abuse the email system, and if you are American, you have already been spammed to death and dont wanna relive the experience. Thats not saying someone else like Mark who is in Canada would have the same experience/knowledge or know this fact about American culture. Same goes for other international people who dont live in or study American culture.

At any rate, this ought not happen anymore, and on behalf of q1n, I apologize , but now that an American like me is an active member, I ought to be able to make a difference with stuff like this and I hope it helps ease the friction thats been generated between the 2 sites. In the end, Marks goal is only to keep supporting Quake and keep it alive, just like I believe this sites goal is.

Spamming the fuck out of my inbox with "updates" and no unsubscribe link is bullshit. If you don't think that pressure could be put on his host to stop his shitty "business" practices, then you haven't been paying attention. And actually the spam DID automagically disappear although, I have no idea if I had anything to do with it. Don't care either. I'm just glad it's gone. Maybe my 10 or so reports didn't even raise an eyebrow at the FCC, and that's why we can't have nice things. Too many people are content with complaining to people that cant do shit about it. I complain to people that can.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                Of course you are right , its bad practice and I have made sure its been recognized.

The fact Mark is Canadian I believe is significant, because if you look at most the spam issues overall on the internet as a whole, you can see they come from telemarketers (so far 99% of mine are originated in the USA) who abuse the email system, and if you are American, you have already been spammed to death and dont wanna relive the experience. Thats not saying someone else like Mark who is in Canada would have the same experience/knowledge or know this fact about American culture. Same goes for other international people who dont live in or study American culture.

At any rate, this ought not happen anymore, and on behalf of q1n, I apologize , but now that an American like me is an active member, I ought to be able to make a difference with stuff like this and I hope it helps ease the friction thats been generated between the 2 sites. In the end, Marks goal is only to keep supporting Quake and keep it alive, just like I believe this sites goal is.
                I suppose Quakeone.com has been negligent since 2006 in keeping Quake alive and active. I'm revisiting the typed/wiped portion, because it should be known who we are dealing with.

speaknow.quakeone.com , began as a MEMBER FUNDED server. Dreadful originally setup the server, and while I am definitely missing some contributors, these guys are responsible for it at some point in time or another....(I could even be giving credit where it isn't due,not the point though)

Dreadful
                Ef3ss
                Frenzy
                Phenom

^ Those guys made speaknow's existence a reality , then at some point in time Ef3ss,the last guy carrying the torch, said he couldn't do it any longer.

The wait for speaknow to go down started , but it never came.....
                IT SLIPPED THROUGH THE CRACKS,WE HAD A FREE SERVER,NOT BEING PAID FOR

Mark + whatever bozo he convinced to contact the host, and started paying for it again, and magically Mark has admin + access to the host server files, many months pass and my code3 or code4 admin code continues to work, Mark enjoys his capability to fuck with me in-server.

Mark + his accomplice has been proactively trying to "Power Grab" a piece of this community since then. Any reasoning otherwise seems to ignore that this is a facade all dressed up as something it isn't.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who would randomly PM my wife with "Hey beautiful" , lol?
                Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 04-25-2015, 11:31 AM.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

holy shit, that's harrassment. What an ass.
                  Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Hmm, no. This sites been around longer and its packed with resources that no other Quake server can compete with. I dont see Marks efforts as a powergrab, because in order to compete he would have to at least match the resources reflected here, and its safe to say no other one could accomplish this, at least in such a short time. Its possible both sites could co-exist and cooperate together and make the current quake experience on the web even better, but as you stated there has been some kind of immature activity going on , perhaps both sides have engaged, that ought to be not too hard to remedy, as long as the ultimate belief we all have, is the goal is to support QUAKE and anything Quake related. Focusing on this is the top priority, and I think once we do that, the rest of the "personal" stuff can be put on the shelf and sorted out later.

"If we have one foot in the past and one in the future, we are shittng on today."

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    I suppose Quakeone.com has been negligent since 2006 in keeping Quake alive and active. I'm revisiting the typed/wiped portion, because it should be known who we are dealing with.

speaknow.quakeone.com , began as a MEMBER FUNDED server. Dreadful originally setup the server, and while I am definitely missing some contributors, these guys are responsible for it at some point in time or another....(I could even be giving credit where it isn't due,not the point though)

Dreadful
                    Ef3ss
                    Frenzy
                    Phenom

^ Those guys made speaknow's existence a reality , then at some point in time Ef3ss,the last guy carrying the torch, said he couldn't do it any longer.

The wait for speaknow to go down started , but it never came.....
                    IT SLIPPED THROUGH THE CRACKS,WE HAD A FREE SERVER,NOT BEING PAID FOR

Mark + whatever bozo he convinced to contact the host, and started paying for it again, and magically Mark has admin + access to the host server files, many months pass and my code3 or code4 admin code continues to work, Mark enjoys his capability to fuck with me in-server.

Mark + his accomplice has been proactively trying to "Power Grab" a piece of this community since then. Any reasoning otherwise seems to ignore that this is a facade all dressed up as something it isn't.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who would randomly PM my wife with "Hey beautiful" , lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                      Please don't doxx people here.
                      That's 1&1 Internet. One of the best domain registrars.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Does it have some other function than flaming people on a site for a 20 year old game?
                        I don't have anything against you, but when I see egregiously bad information I'm often tempted to reply.

The only thing that makes you different, is that you post more bad information than most people. So it just feels like I'm picking on you.

It's as simple as that. Most of the time, +/- me being human and all.

[I have to say I probably have a bit of a human weakness for how bent of out of shape you get when I just post a couple of words critiquing you and then you post a Unibomber Manifesto in response sometimes ... ]
                        Last edited by Baker; 04-25-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                          Hmm, no. This sites been around longer and its packed with resources that no other Quake server can compete with. I dont see Marks efforts as a powergrab, because in order to compete he would have to at least match the resources reflected here, and its safe to say no other one could accomplish this, at least in such a short time. Its possible both sites could co-exist and cooperate together and make the current quake experience on the web even better, but as you stated there has been some kind of immature activity going on , perhaps both sides have engaged, that ought to be not too hard to remedy, as long as the ultimate belief we all have, is the goal is to support QUAKE and anything Quake related. Focusing on this is the top priority, and I think once we do that, the rest of the "personal" stuff can be put on the shelf and sorted out later.

"If we have one foot in the past and one in the future, we are shittng on today."
                          If you don't consider taking up the bill of a well established server for gaining access to administrator access a power grab, than I don't know what is.

The server wasn't at (immediate) risk of going away, it was fully functioning and not being paid for. Shitty of us? Sure, but is it our fault that a sysop failed/neglected to shut down a server when it wasn't being paid for? Not in the least. Mark wanted power, he convinced someone to start footing the bill and gained access to something he otherwise never had access to.

The dude is an accomplice to creating a doppleganger website of Quakeone.com , which Arkon is the prime time example of that doppleganger website encroaching on a well established community's reputation. Arkon chucked Quakeone.com emails to his block/spam folder. That's punishing us for the bozo's behind QIN,and that's wrong, but then again I can't expect anything else. The guy literally did a micr0soft.com or g00gle.com , in a half assed effort.

Mark + Whoever MG did the WHOIS DNS registry lookup (which is not DOXING,considering anyone can do this. DNS registry information is PUBLIC for a damned reason,as MG pointed out,it's to hold people accountable).

I must be missing the good / benefits of what Mark + his accomplice are doing, because so far all I see is... entropy and chaos. (See original post)

I fail to understand how these two characters can be in-line with what we all purportedly all are even here for to begin with, the proliferation of our community and the game we all love.

Anyone remember this video?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns1yhoFTqJ0[/ame]

http://quakeone.com/search.php?searchid=602924

For those who don't , check out the majority of those posts found in that link.

Comment

Oh I didnt see this part of your post.

Not sure why you would want to shut down another site that is hardly posting anything quake related compared to this one. I think it says that this much smaller site with many fewer accomplishments has the power to somehow overthrow this one in an instant?

If this is true, then its one hella compliment to Mark that he , who mostly has single handedly done all the hard work so far with q1n can be so powerful that merely a .net vs a .com similarity would tip the tide like that or even have a chance to.

Mark is small beans and I wasn't fuckin playing with him. While people here were going boo hoo, I was attempting to shut down his whole damn site. I can't MAKE it happen but I can do better than whine about it on a forum.

Comment

I dont frequent that server very much so I cant say I know alot about it. But if its up to the pubic for funding, like RQ, then its more or less an open market and believe me there is a LOT worse people who could wind up taking it over (cough cough OMNI, cough cough). Look at it that way?

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              If you don't consider taking up the bill of a well established server for gaining access to administrator access a power grab, than I don't know what is.

Comment

Cobalt, you are energetically trying to defend someone who's pulled a number of asshole moves. Why not call them for what they are, asshole moves. The guy tried to establish himself as the friggin' CEO of the Quake community and tried to get everyone onboard with it by spamming and assholery. I know it because he graciously offered me to be his second in command or something. I mean WTF. I'm not anybody's second in command. Seriously, get real man.

You are also passively-aggressively insinuating that Mark is such a threat to us, and how cool that makes him. Nope, he is not. I don't give two shits. I'm just saying that this or that was an asshole move and until that person makes an excuse for it, I'm not interested in being his friend.

I get the impression that you are trying to provoke us a little. I told you before, don't try to test the limits of the forum. It's a basic internet rule. You appear to want to provoke us, and you constantly ignore the valid arguments that we bring. Is it harrassment to make those calls to someone's wife? Hell yeah, it is. If I had been a mod at the time, and if I had known about it, I would have ripped him a new one. Sexual harrassment is an asshole move. Why not just admit it?

I have actually gotten harrassment complaints about another member of this forum from some of my friends. Unfortunately they're a little old to act upon. But if I hear about harrassment in the future again, I will not be a happy camper. That kind of stuff is just a no-no.
                                Scout's Journey
                                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Working...
                                X