Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got enough of receiving unwanted e-mails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden_boy
    replied
    Sad to hear. But you have my respect for trying it.

In fact I was suggesting to Sole a couple days ago to have something like official relations, to get some more networking going across the community, and I had you in mind as a QIN relation. I would like to normalize the entire shitty situation, because it hurts the community. But, well, this doesn't sound good.

Looks like Mark shot himself in the foot, because if you had really become some kind of ambassador that could have ended Q1N's isolation.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    Oops, I didnt see you wrote this just till now.

While there was some progress made (well at least I thought more than actually was), seems the email problem is now well understood and not gonna happen again.

Bad news is, things "changed", but bottom line is , nothing really changed. So needless to say Im disappointed - but after I said I was disappointed I got lit into and was blamed as the reason why my Weekly TBC mod sessions have failed. This was worth a good giggle and I wont get into it in depth here, nor do I encourage anyone else to make the conflict into a bigger mess than it already is , regarding q1n, as plenty already know or have themselves been lit into for probably sillier reasons.

So I can say today, in perfect honesty I am defeated.

It would have maybe made a difference if some of the people here I encouraged came and tried a couple of meetings with me there, showing that they support me in my brave adventure, in the name of Quake, but I cant say I blame them personally now, and I dont hold it against anyone for not supporting me on this, as they too would be lit into for even siding with me in the event a debate or arguement arose which is what happened with the supporter I bought with me to the last meeting during this mess. This is not the image I want to present to new players who might be interested in trying quake , as you all know its already difficult without us infighting among ourselves.
    Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    I can put you in direct contact with Mark, I started to message him, then it dawned on me that I don't desire to open that can of worms.....................

Cobalt I see you reading the post, all things considered, you seem like the perfect candidate to nip this in the bud. You've (I reluctantly say this,not knowing how it will be taken) become the ambassador of this situation.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkon
    While my spambox is growing there's another amazing feature I've discovered about google calendar: don't know how this is possible but I found .net meetings appointed to my calendar. The problem is I never used google calendar before receiving new email message from another account, now disabled anyway...

I'm starting to think strange things: It's just me?
    I can put you in direct contact with Mark, I started to message him, then it dawned on me that I don't desire to open that can of worms.....................

Cobalt I see you reading the post, all things considered, you seem like the perfect candidate to nip this in the bud. You've (I reluctantly say this,not knowing how it will be taken) become the ambassador of this situation.

Leave a comment:

• Syluxguy28O3
    replied
    and here this whole time i thought mark was doing something progressive. i had no idea he went batshit and started to play pretend with the q1 community. lol i left at a bad time i guess.

hes an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    replied
    ^lol

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    Arkon posted an issue about this site, and I suggested a possible solution. No one else here followed up on it so I revived the thread to find out for sure.

You are right , no one asked for my help , it wont happen again.

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    I get the impression that you are trying to provoke us a little. I told you before, don't try to test the limits of the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    I'm amazed you didn't rip his head off, but it's your choice.
    Simply knowing the past , Mark's eccentricities can't suprise me.

[email protected] , anyone getting unsolicited emails from Quakeone.net can direct their grievances to that email address, I've never had to submit such a thing so..

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    I'm amazed you didn't rip his head off, but it's your choice.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Cobalt, you are energetically trying to defend someone who's pulled a number of asshole moves. Why not call them for what they are, asshole moves. The guy tried to establish himself as the friggin' CEO of the Quake community and tried to get everyone onboard with it by spamming and assholery. I know it because he graciously offered me to be his second in command or something. I mean WTF. I'm not anybody's second in command. Seriously, get real man.

You are also passively-aggressively insinuating that Mark is such a threat to us, and how cool that makes him. Nope, he is not. I don't give two shits. I'm just saying that this or that was an asshole move and until that person makes an excuse for it, I'm not interested in being his friend.

I get the impression that you are trying to provoke us a little. I told you before, don't try to test the limits of the forum. It's a basic internet rule. You appear to want to provoke us, and you constantly ignore the valid arguments that we bring. Is it harrassment to make those calls to someone's wife? Hell yeah, it is. If I had been a mod at the time, and if I had known about it, I would have ripped him a new one. Sexual harrassment is an asshole move. Why not just admit it?

I have actually gotten harrassment complaints about another member of this forum from some of my friends. Unfortunately they're a little old to act upon. But if I hear about harrassment in the future again, I will not be a happy camper. That kind of stuff is just a no-no.
    It didn't even happen on the forums, I don't know if its common knowledge but a large majority of us MP Quaker's keep in touch outside the forums, and Mark was no exception. I STILL have him in contacts outside the forums, at this very moment he is active online.

As much as I was aggravated with him awhile back,I didn't abandon him. If Mark needed to reach me asap, he STILL has that capacity. Many years of invested chats and bullshitting with him can not easily be undone to the point where I dust my hands off and say I'm 100% done.

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    Cobalt, you are energetically trying to defend someone who's pulled a number of asshole moves. Why not call them for what they are, asshole moves. The guy tried to establish himself as the friggin' CEO of the Quake community and tried to get everyone onboard with it by spamming and assholery. I know it because he graciously offered me to be his second in command or something. I mean WTF. I'm not anybody's second in command. Seriously, get real man.

You are also passively-aggressively insinuating that Mark is such a threat to us, and how cool that makes him. Nope, he is not. I don't give two shits. I'm just saying that this or that was an asshole move and until that person makes an excuse for it, I'm not interested in being his friend.

I get the impression that you are trying to provoke us a little. I told you before, don't try to test the limits of the forum. It's a basic internet rule. You appear to want to provoke us, and you constantly ignore the valid arguments that we bring. Is it harrassment to make those calls to someone's wife? Hell yeah, it is. If I had been a mod at the time, and if I had known about it, I would have ripped him a new one. Sexual harrassment is an asshole move. Why not just admit it?

I have actually gotten harrassment complaints about another member of this forum from some of my friends. Unfortunately they're a little old to act upon. But if I hear about harrassment in the future again, I will not be a happy camper. That kind of stuff is just a no-no.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    I dont frequent that server very much so I cant say I know alot about it. But if its up to the pubic for funding, like RQ, then its more or less an open market and believe me there is a LOT worse people who could wind up taking it over (cough cough OMNI, cough cough). Look at it that way?

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    If you don't consider taking up the bill of a well established server for gaining access to administrator access a power grab, than I don't know what is.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    Oh I didnt see this part of your post.

Not sure why you would want to shut down another site that is hardly posting anything quake related compared to this one. I think it says that this much smaller site with many fewer accomplishments has the power to somehow overthrow this one in an instant?

If this is true, then its one hella compliment to Mark that he , who mostly has single handedly done all the hard work so far with q1n can be so powerful that merely a .net vs a .com similarity would tip the tide like that or even have a chance to.

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    Mark is small beans and I wasn't fuckin playing with him. While people here were going boo hoo, I was attempting to shut down his whole damn site. I can't MAKE it happen but I can do better than whine about it on a forum.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
    Hmm, no. This sites been around longer and its packed with resources that no other Quake server can compete with. I dont see Marks efforts as a powergrab, because in order to compete he would have to at least match the resources reflected here, and its safe to say no other one could accomplish this, at least in such a short time. Its possible both sites could co-exist and cooperate together and make the current quake experience on the web even better, but as you stated there has been some kind of immature activity going on , perhaps both sides have engaged, that ought to be not too hard to remedy, as long as the ultimate belief we all have, is the goal is to support QUAKE and anything Quake related. Focusing on this is the top priority, and I think once we do that, the rest of the "personal" stuff can be put on the shelf and sorted out later.

"If we have one foot in the past and one in the future, we are shittng on today."
    If you don't consider taking up the bill of a well established server for gaining access to administrator access a power grab, than I don't know what is.

The server wasn't at (immediate) risk of going away, it was fully functioning and not being paid for. Shitty of us? Sure, but is it our fault that a sysop failed/neglected to shut down a server when it wasn't being paid for? Not in the least. Mark wanted power, he convinced someone to start footing the bill and gained access to something he otherwise never had access to.

The dude is an accomplice to creating a doppleganger website of Quakeone.com , which Arkon is the prime time example of that doppleganger website encroaching on a well established community's reputation. Arkon chucked Quakeone.com emails to his block/spam folder. That's punishing us for the bozo's behind QIN,and that's wrong, but then again I can't expect anything else. The guy literally did a micr0soft.com or g00gle.com , in a half assed effort.

Mark + Whoever MG did the WHOIS DNS registry lookup (which is not DOXING,considering anyone can do this. DNS registry information is PUBLIC for a damned reason,as MG pointed out,it's to hold people accountable).

I must be missing the good / benefits of what Mark + his accomplice are doing, because so far all I see is... entropy and chaos. (See original post)

I fail to understand how these two characters can be in-line with what we all purportedly all are even here for to begin with, the proliferation of our community and the game we all love.

Anyone remember this video?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns1yhoFTqJ0[/ame]

http://quakeone.com/search.php?searchid=602924

For those who don't , check out the majority of those posts found in that link.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    Does it have some other function than flaming people on a site for a 20 year old game?
    I don't have anything against you, but when I see egregiously bad information I'm often tempted to reply.

The only thing that makes you different, is that you post more bad information than most people. So it just feels like I'm picking on you.

It's as simple as that. Most of the time, +/- me being human and all.

[I have to say I probably have a bit of a human weakness for how bent of out of shape you get when I just post a couple of words critiquing you and then you post a Unibomber Manifesto in response sometimes ... ]
    Last edited by Baker; 04-25-2015, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X