Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got enough of receiving unwanted e-mails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got enough of receiving unwanted e-mails...

Hi all,
    while waiting for a fix in the user cp (disabling the option of receiving messages from moderators and other users doesn't seem to be working) I've added all @quakeone.com addresses to spam list.
    I will remove this as soon as I read on the forum this has been fixed.

Latest QView server list

Originally posted by Arkon View Post
    Hi all,
    while waiting for a fix in the user cp (disabling the option of receiving messages from moderators and other users doesn't seem to be working) I've added all @quakeone.com addresses to spam list.
    I will remove this as soon as I read on the forum this has been fixed.
    Hi, this problem is news to me. Have you reported this to Solecord?
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by Arkon
      Nope, but I've already read someone reporting this somewhere else in the forum.
      Nevermind. I think Sole will eventually see this.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I'm confused? What emails? The forum only sends emails to replies of your posts IF you requested it or you subscribed to a thread...

You can unsubscribe from a thread by visiting the thread and hitting the Thread Tools link at the top right of the thread...

Comment

Are you sure its not quakeone.net instead of .com ?

Comment

lol true, Mark went all nut-job on us made a clone of quakeone called it .net
            sent out messages to anyone that google returned associated with quake to promote a false network.

it's like me walking in my backyard and sitting in a bucket, declaring king of my own made-up country.

sad.
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Thats what I use to think, but now Im not looking at it that way.

Aside from what others may say, I dont see quakeone or quake1 anything but a reference to the original Quake game from 1996. ITs like saying this site has exclusive rights over the entire Quake1 game itself and anyone else with a similar idea is an "enemy" regardless of intent. To see it as a threat, when it has no forums, and perhaps only a fraction the members in it as this site does seems to me sort of odd, but thats just me and I realize its most likely impossible to get anyone seeing it differently. Its not for everyone but it does have some potential, and I rejoined to see if I can make a difference. Others mileage may vary of course.

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              lol true, Mark went all nut-job on us made a clone of quakeone called it .net
              sent out messages to anyone that google returned associated with quake to promote a false network.

it's like me walking in my backyard and sitting in a bucket, declaring king of my own made-up country.

sad.

Comment

I'm with Cobalt on the name thing. Considering Mark is one guy and his community consists of "us", it would be very easy for a large handful of people to co-opp his site. Think "tea party". It was nothing gor democrats to infiltrate the tea party and redirect their efforts. Tea party went from being a liberitarian grass roots movement to being a neutered club with no solid direction. Doing that to Marks site wouldn't be that complicated.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

It's not a threat, it's just a bit of an ass move to take another site's name and append a .net to it, as if the two had anything to do with each other.

Defending a guy who's banned on this forum is not the smartest thing to do. Cobalt, this is the second post from you on this matter, after writing me a ton of PMs to the same effect. You've made your point. I'm tired of it. Don't make me lock this thread too.

@MG, are you kidding? Why would we do anything like that.
                  Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I was asking if maybe the emails were from the other site. The other thread I posted in that you locked, I agreed with the issue regarding the emails coming to people as "spam".

I tried to tell you in our PM's that other people might see this the same way I do and didnt think locking the thread was needed, but you seem to believe thats the way to go , and you do have the power to take action as you see fit as a mod....but realize you could be shutting down the opportunity for other people to post their views, and when you do that it can make a website look very suspicious to the random newcomer on the scene.

Also am I to be viewed as an enemy now, because I see an opportunity to participate on another Quake website in the hopes I can make a difference and turn things around?

If I cant, you will be the first person I let know what an idiot I was. Do you accept the challenge?

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                    It's not a threat, it's just a bit of an ass move to take another site's name and append a .net to it, as if the two had anything to do with each other.

Defending a guy who's banned on this forum is not the smartest thing to do. Cobalt, this is the second post from you on this matter, after writing me a ton of PMs to the same effect. You've made your point. I'm tired of it. Don't make me lock this thread too.

@MG, are you kidding? Why would we do anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                      Also am I to be viewed as an enemy now, because I see an opportunity to participate on another Quake website in the hopes I can make a difference and turn things around?
                      No, you are not viewed as an enemy, neither is Mark. It is up to you what websites you participate in.

You just insisted in telling me your ideas about this issue for a couple days now, which literally and perhaps understandably makes me tire of it, and when I get the impression that someone tries to test my limits, I become angry. (I believe most random newcomers, after being informed that a) Quakeone.com exists since 2006 or so and that b) "quake one-network" Mark was banned for trading warez and getting on everyone's nerves, will easily be able to get the right picture of the situation, too.)

If you think your engagement will improve the situation, please go ahead. But until the situation has improved, advertisements for that other website won't exactly make you new friends here. Perhaps understandably so.
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Fair enough. Interesting to see if any newcomers speak out here in the thread or not, if you keep it open. If it turns out I can make a difference and they find my participation useful , it can make this site look good too, because they originally found out about it here. So it can be a win win, not a loss loss. If it bombs out again to be a total joke, then people can look back on this thread and see what a fool Cobalt was.....

Comment

@GB - idk, cause... it would be a good exercise in illustrating how the US government operates?... lol

@Cobalt (last post) - basically a peaceful version of my cont-opp and destroy method

Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-01-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Ok, so Im looking back wondering whats ok to say here since my last post.

I have been working hard to reverse the course of q1n and have made some progress...but I am guessing its NOT ok to bring it up here?

If so, I will just cite the fact that it was created to support the same goals that this site does just like any other Quake site that is either still up or has since vanished. So I , plus at least 2 other members here think the intent is well meant.

As for the unwanted emails, I am not sure of the original poster did confirm they were from q1n and not this site, but I hope I helped point out the possibility and let them know I can be contacted regarding them and I can either answer questions about them or confirm that they no longer get them. This was an issue I saw in another post a while ago and its one thing Im trying to correct since I have rejoined and I think I have made progress and I apologize if people find them spammy or foolish, but the intent is to just support quake and hang out and network in a safe place which is more or less the same as here and actually the .net difference is not meant to hijack this sites accomplishments, but to support its work. I agree it can look very suspicious, but after spending time there and returning recently, I dont see it as a threat.

If you feel this post should be removed because its offensive I understand.

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                            If you think your engagement will improve the situation, please go ahead. But until the situation has improved, advertisements for that other website won't exactly make you new friends here. Perhaps understandably so.

Comment

Oh right, I remember the quakeone.net email spam. I kept reporting it to the FCC lol. My logic was, "you" must be trying to piss me off with this garbage so "Surprise!" I'm pissed.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/h..._form_id=38824

Comment

Working...
                              X