No announcement yet.

Signatures on the Forum - Feedback Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm, I think Adam's sig is a good example for *cool* sig pics. It's stuff he made himself, which is pretty cool. I'd be ok with game makers / modders / server admins / forum admins etc showing their stuff, it does add interest.

Size / character limit seems reasonable.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Totally agree with you GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        That is what I was thinking
        LOL it had nothing to do with you. I seriously was just asking... I'm working on a new forum and am trying to figure out some default settings... trying to gauge the opinions of the community.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
          Please provide your thoughts...

1. Should signatures be allowed?
          2. Should signatures be text only (with # of lines limited) or should they allow graphics to be included in them?
          What about my 4,000+ backlinks!?

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          Wild guess: Mindzy cleaned up his signature and now problem is solved?
          I remember back when I had a sig that made even Solecord ask "WTF man!?".

I may have started this avalanche.
          Last edited by Phenom; 05-14-2015, 08:16 PM.
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            I may have started this avalanche.
            I'm not sure if you posted that or if I'm replying to your signature.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

a simple link for sigs is baseline
              5 lines limit x number of images etc
              i dont think anyone has an offensively BIG sig here
              though it's nice to see Sole with his ear to the wall

if a sig doesnt pollute the threads no harm?
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

i have no problem with anyone's signature.

as long as they dont have huge-ass images in their signature
                and isnt to absurdly much text, i dont see whats the problem
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I have not found them to be an issue. Giant graphical sigs would obviously be a problem. Enforceable rules, posted where you edit them, are sufficient.

Comment

Hello,

As far as I can remember Mindz had this "extreme" signature till a few days ago, but now seems to changed it

Signatures are mainly created by users to showcase what they have done and want it to share with the world. Some people also like signatures with funny sayings. I'm a fan of the latter, but i do not dare to do it here

As far as I can read, most people of this thread have the same opinion about lenght and size. Even though Talisa would have to change her signature then... (which is really a little too big and can be reduced to 1 or 2 lines I think)

So, do not hesitate and "DO IT Sole !"

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Hello,

As far as I can remember Mindz had this "extreme" signature till a few days ago, but now seems to changed it

Signatures are mainly created by users to showcase what they have done and want it to share with the world. Some people also like signatures with funny sayings. I'm a fan of the latter, but i do not dare to do it here

As far as I can read, most people of this thread have the same opinion about lenght and size. Even though Talisa would have to change her signature then... (which is really a little too big and can be reduced to 1 or 2 lines I think)

So, do not hesitate and "DO IT Sole !"
                      yeah we established that back on Page1, Mindz+Extreme = par for the course.
                      Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-16-2015, 12:10 PM.
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                        You can put a [ size = -1]signature text goes here[ / size] to shrink the text.

Still have same size signature, but make it take up less space by using smaller font.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Still have same size signature, but make it take up less space by using smaller font.
                          ingenious
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I consider that beer earned, thanks I'll utilize that information and put it into usage here shortly!
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

just edited my signature to make it 3 lines and make the entire second line be the link to the thread

now my signature isnt as huge as it was
                              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

It makes small difference as the space is blank for several lines anyway.Most posts are less than 3 lines so there is space left over about 98% of the time.
                                WARNING
                                May be too intense for some viewers.
                                Stress Relief Device
                                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                                ---------------------------
                                .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X