Suggestions for Improving Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Improving Site

Post away. If you think we missed something on the site or wish something to be changed, let us know. We won't guarantee we'll change everything that may be mentioned, but the feedback is always welcome.

And for the record, don't bother posting about getting an image gallery because it'll be available shortly. And full featured server listing is coming... feel free to post any ideas on features you'd like included in it.

Tis perfect to me... everything a quaker ever wanted .... GJ yall

Comment

use quake's exact brown colors (closest matches of current colors)?

Comment

Originally posted by CheapAlert
        use quake's exact brown colors (closest matches of current colors)?
        (Microsoft) Word.
        "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Ideas of things to add:

*More files (bandwidth/leased space permitting)
          -Maps (DM and SP)
          -Engines
          -Model/Texture Packs
          -Bots

*Photo Gallery categories
          -Pimp/Promote
          -Screenshots (funny/cool)
          -Photographs

*Syrup
          -Chocolate
          -Cherry
          -Corn

By the way, I wana say everyone contributing to this website is doing incredible. The inclusion of an Arcade time-waster is very unique and the moderators don't just sit by idly banning people but are active and personable. A lot of this is little stuff but it all adds up to make people who drop by think "hmm, I should come back here"

Thanks

Comment

We should have more attachment space.

Put up my guide ASAP I e-mail it to Baker or someone else

Comment

Recent Active Topics is the only thing I notice the most. Only because it only lists the topic when it's new? It doesn't show when you've responded to a post unless there is very little activity? Did that make sense? You actually have to dig thru the forum to see who posted what to an older thread.
              www.Net-Tyme.com
              Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
              Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Monster - attachment space unfortunatly is going to remain low for now. I've thrown the site up on my personal webspace which I have numerous other sites running as well. I've got 10 gigs of space total available to all my sites and right now I'm running close to 9 gigs. I'm going to work on clearing shit out so we'll have more space to work with in the future.

Net-tyme - you made sense. I'm looking into change that block from displaying only the newest topics (when posted) to display the last 10 topics that have had posts made in them. Therefore, if you replied to this thread right now and then look at that block on the front page this thread should be listed as #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord
                  Net-tyme - you made sense. I'm looking into change that block from displaying only the newest topics (when posted) to display the last 10 topics that have had posts made in them.
                  That would be nice if it's possible. Like Net-Tyme (and everyone else), it's a little tough to find everything I haven't read.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

awww. I'm just getting old and lazy!!! I want it right up front! ;Þ
                    www.Net-Tyme.com
                    Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                    Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

The site is great!

Nice colors and distribution of blocks! It's good to see there are still people interested in making new things related to Quake.

I would like to know if there is a promotional banner for the site. So I can use it in Q.B.

A litle bit bigger than this one should be great!

Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

I'm using this one right know!

Fórum QuakeBrasil

Comment

Welcome to the site Vegetous. That second one is a very good banner to use.

[Vegetous is the defacto lord of Quake in Brazil and has been kind enough to translate some Quake docs for me from English to Brazilian]

Here is a video the Brazilian Quakers have made.

The Brazilian Quake video: Download page (Warning: 200+ MB)
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                            ..., [Vegetous is the defacto lord of Quake in Brazil ,...
                            Ok I liked the sound of it!
                            Fórum QuakeBrasil

Comment

the one you're using from our header is nice, i dunno why we didn't make a banner of that, heh.

here's a bigger one of the other one:

and here's another one i made:

Btw do you Brazilian quakers still play on that RA server down there? What was the address again, terraserver something?

Last summer I'd hope on sometimes and play a few rounds with a 200+ ping
                              Last edited by Yellow No. 5; 03-17-2006, 04:11 AM.
                              uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                              X