No announcement yet.

Suggestions for Improving Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this belongs under improvements for the site, but we need some WEST COAST SERVERS!!! Am I the only west coaster on here? Seems like i'm the only person with an 80+ ping on all the servers listed, gettin my ass fragged by sub 30 pingers!

Anyone else here from the west coast? And are there any west coast servers up???

Comment

Most of the servers are not west coast. I'm in the midwest (Wisconsin) and I ping between 60-80 on most servers. I used to ping 30 on Singed before it was closed down.

Comment

I am on the east coast, North Carolina to be exact, and I ping 30 on some servers (rare) and usually 45-60 on most.

Comment

(This topic should be stickied)

Can we have a page where we can see the poll rankings from all our profiles?

Example:

Haste: 49%
          Regen: 1%
          Strength: 25%
          Resist: 25%

Comment

Originally posted by mikeTOOtall
            I don't know if this belongs under improvements for the site, but we need some WEST COAST SERVERS!!! Am I the only west coaster on here? Seems like i'm the only person with an 80+ ping on all the servers listed, gettin my ass fragged by sub 30 pingers!

Anyone else here from the west coast? And are there any west coast servers up???
            Actually.. DeadZone is on a West Coast Server now I believe. Quake.Lokinetworks.com and yes there is a download for that..

Linuxwiz runs that server as well as Fear.lokinetworks.com and a CTF server which I believe are located in St. Louis. but Deadzone I believe is in California
            www.Net-Tyme.com
            Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
            Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

I believe IHOC or Xoc has some servers in Washington... what kind of ping do you get there?

Here is the site I check.. it will even give you a ping.
              http://www.gameaholic.com/servers/quake/25/

oh yeah, my suggestion is a forum for server mods.. a place to go for aspiring server admins to get help with quakec and the like.

Comment

Bug: Steve, on the front page there is 1 comment in Yellow's news post, but if you click it, it takes you to do a new comment.

(Also: no general forum search on forum main page, just mentioning that even though I know you know about it)
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                  Bug: Steve, on the front page there is 1 comment in Yellow's news post, but if you click it, it takes you to do a new comment.
                  Fixed.

Comment

So are we going to have groups involved with this forum sometime? I just notice that our profiles show: "soandso is not a member of any groups". We could add clans in, such as eXs, tu, etc. Having clan groups could lead to recruitment

Also, highlighting someone's name in the arcade section is really sketched out. Can you fix this Sole?

Comment

Should we have groups? I'm not arguing we shouldn't, but it seems like we have a diverse enough crowd ... a crowd that for the most part, most members are also members of a more specialized board in many cases ... that I can't think of what we would do with it.

This is just one opinion. Maybe when/if we get 500 or 1000 members or if some good purpose appears? I dunno.

In my head, I've always thought of this site's goal as trying to complement the functions of other sites, so there are prominent links to the other, and in many cases, more specialized forums.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Canadian*Sniper, hah yes I know about that bug in the arcade. I can't seem to figure out how to not display the entire page when you mouse over someone's name. I may just go through and change all of those links to link to a user's profile and add arcade info into the profiles instead.

Comment

Working...
                        X