Site Updates - July 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Updates - July 25

• Updated header menu navigation buttons - changed text for some of the links and made the text size a little bigger to match rest of page.
    • Updated server browser to display who is currently playing on a server. Hover over number of players to see player names.

If you are using an older browser version the header of the site may not appear properly. You might not be able to see the navigation buttons. They are currently positioned via CSS. If you notice a problem with the nav buttons, post here and let us know!

If you have any other suggestions on features that can be added to the site or ideas to improve the site the way it is, be sure and let us know.

Thanks!

do that server feature that I told you about! If it's 1/16 in shmack, it's empty

change the font of empty servers and non-empty servers

Comment

The positioning definitely looks better.

I like Sniper's idea of adding a "base players" field to the server browser where that would be set at 1 with auto-admin and have that mentally subtracted out for sorting purposes.

It would also be nice if, say, there were players at, say, quake.crmod.com or dm.clanhdz.com, if those servers could somehow make the front page server block screen bumping an empty server.

Like let # of players = A, and server block preference = "B". The standard servers section, the 14 "primary" servers could get B = 1, "secondary aka not normally on the home page servers" could get B = 0, and then sort the list by #players A by preference B and then take the 14 first ones and have it in the block. Yeah, that would be a hassle, but it sucks at that sometimes there are games going on that no one can see that are occuring.

Any clue on how the sort code currently sorts the servers? Except for the number of players, it seems entirely random.

/ideas

The changes are very nice! :d
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I noticed the adjustment of the top bar, that's great! (And about time, hehe, "Play Now" didn't exactly convey that was the Guides section and "Downloads" > "Files").

Any chance you can get the guides logo on Guides page to give that page some character.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Also, just an idea out of the blue. Why not just show servers with players in them on the front page? Make the total list from the SERVERS page.

Just an idea I'm throwing out. I'm fine with how it is now.

Comment

Hey, while we're talking about updating, what's with the site loading really slow sometimes on certian posts, even some without text?
            e|------------------------0---------------
            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
            A|---------------0------------------------
            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

The forum resizes images so before displaying any posts it'll verify the image is actually alive and in it's place before parsing the rest of the page.

Comment

I must have typo'd again. I meant to say why does it take so long to load sometimes even without images??
                B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                A|---------------0------------------------
                E|----------------------------------------

Comment

loads fine for me

Comment

---___--- wtf
                    Odd...