Sharing a funny stat - 29,000 MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing a funny stat - 29,000 MB

In September 2006, twenty-nine thousand megabytes of files were downloaded from the QuakeOne downloads section.

That's nothing compared to sites for newer games, to be sure, but it is nice to see that things for the original Quake are still in demand.

Especially considering all of the effort to setup the downloads section -- Solecord did a ton of PHP work for it and then the matter of getting a lot of downloads to be available and trying to take the time and effort to not just have the download available, but in most cases follow up information (precise contents, relevant home pages, etc.)
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

isnt that 29gigabytes?Thats hella nice,considering Quake's age.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

September = kids going back to school and realising that they still hate it so they pimp their Quake

Is this the highest amount downloaded per month so far?

Comment

I'm sure I downloaded like 1gb from that amount. Hell ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          isnt that 29gigabytes?Thats hella nice,considering Quake's age.
          Yeah, but the stats program shows it as 29,702 MB which sounds cooler than 29 GB so I used that

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
          September = kids going back to school and realising that they still hate it so they pimp their Quake

Is this the highest amount downloaded per month so far?
          Yes, in August it was 21 GB.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Honestly, that's pretty damn cool.

Comment

*Cough* Qradio Downloads *Cough*
              "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Bank wrote:

*Cough* Qradio Downloads *Cough*
                Actually, they was talking about useful stuff I guess. QRack, DarkPlaces and mappacks did like 35% of that, didn't it Baker?

Comment

I'd guess most of the downloads came from qradio, maps/mods, and stuff that makes quake look pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by joao93 View Post
                    Actually, they was talking about useful stuff I guess. QRack, DarkPlaces and mappacks did like 35% of that, didn't it Baker?
                    I think it is the QRadios!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                      I think it is the QRadios!
                      indeed, qradios have produced a total of 358 downloads, * about 30 mb for each = 10 gb

but rquake produced some too, 475 downloads * 40 mb = 19 gb

(these calculations are not 1 month based)

Comment

Ya'll muthafukkas just dont get it do you? haha

ProQuake 3.50 EZ Installer Views:1734 Downloads:1147 8-10-2006

GLPRO3.50 , yo this shit is the people's champ !!!!!!!
                        Nothing even comes CLOSE to this , especially not Qradio ;P
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Because it's a game engine Einstein (ya got me!). How many people pay for cable who don't own a TV?
                          Last edited by Bank; 10-06-2006, 12:24 PM.

Comment

bah, small file.
                            even with 1147 downloads it still barely made over 1 gb

Originally posted by Bank View Post
                            Enstein
                            lol, can you say "shot yourself in the foot"?

Comment

You got me! You got me!

I have to say Rocketguy, you really got me.

Please feel free to use your courtasy rofl : D

Comment

Working...
                              X