Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Position

Just something I noticed a week or 2 ago:

QuakeOne.com comes up right behind ID Software, PlanetQuake and Wikipedia in Google searches for "Quake 1" now, so that's the highest it can possibly go.

Not bad for a site that has only been around since March 10, 2006; initially when we started the site we were concerned that the way the search engines work -- which tends to favor older and longer established sites -- that we'd have a lot of trouble getting on the first page.

The site gets over 100 Google refers a day and about 3,500 per month.

This morning alone: 2:30 AM to 10:30 AM.

I hope at some point it is possible to make a legally free and no corners cut Quake using map sources and replacement models/etc because apparently there are a lot of people looking for Quake downloads (which of course isn't legal, registered Quake isn't free).

(It would be nice if ID made Quake free, but that simply isn't going to happen and with the release of the Quake map sources last year maybe a legal equivalent can be made sometime this year.)
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...
Working...
X