for the love of god ! =o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the love of god ! =o

When I got broadband (again) , I downloaded Q1 from *you cant know this (haha)* and got all my "Extra's" from QuakeOne.Com , using all the leet installers.

I then noticed two things : q1edge.bsp , that is supplied in the ez installer , wont load. I had to downloaded the map individually from quaddicted !

Q1EDGE.BSP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This STILL does not appear in the Ez Installers,and this needs to be fixed.
    Above,you can see where I made a mistake for q1edge.BSP instead of .LOC , I intended the loc file,but oopsy daisy me
    *cough baker*
    haha

thanks for noticing this and fixing the problems.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 01-24-2007, 12:47 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Mindzy, I'm certain the map is in there.

I mean, of the kabillion games played on Q1EDGE by the countless number of players -- wouldn't this have come up ages ago?

Just to be sure -- I verified it is in the zip version and just re-verified it is in the EZ Installer version -- just because I know you wouldn't be making this up.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

the map is indeed in there,but everytime ive ever used the Ez Installer,
      q1edge has showed up in my maps folder,but when connecting to the server, q1edge wouldnt load for me. this has occured on two different system's,my frankenstein PC which is still at my mom's with my other electronic crap,and my fiance's PC.Maybe im having dumb luck,its possible.

I should have brought this up when I actually downloaded everything back in Dec. but im lazy

as for the q1edge.loc , thats for sure missing it can be found at the Bizarro website
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        the map is indeed in there,but everytime ive ever used the Ez Installer,
        q1edge has showed up in my maps folder,but when connecting to the server, q1edge wouldnt load for me. this has occured on two different system's,my frankenstein PC which is still at my mom's with my other electronic crap,and my fiance's PC.Maybe im having dumb luck,its possible.

I should have brought this up when I actually downloaded everything back in Dec. but im lazy

as for the q1edge.loc , thats for sure missing it can be found at the Bizarro website
        I just deleted my q1edge.bsp (quake\id1\maps) and q1edge.loc (quake\id1\locs) and reinstalled via the QuakeOne maps pack and connected to rage:26001 and warped to edge and pressed my loc bind. The map loaded and it said "Swamp" when I tested the loc.

The file on the download server hasn't been touched since August 10th -- I just verified the file date and plenty of people who have no idea where Bizarro Monkey's web page is seem to have the locs when Edge is being played.

I checked all of this just now, I didn't make any assumptions and checked each individual thing looking for a problem.

(I tested this with the installer; not the zip. I'm pretty sure the zip doesn't have the .loc file in the right place, but if it did then it'd be a multifolder zip and noobs get confused with those).
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Sooo , just stick the loc file into the installer/zip and it should be okay. I've always had to manually find q1edge.loc via google search. as for the q1edge.bsp problem,it could be an isolated incident on my end. :F

Comment

Whenever I load up the map is q1edge, I get a buttload of location errors at the very start. But Darkplaces doesn't crash so easily and plays the map anyways. I never gave it much thought though but it could be related.

Code:
            Mod_Q1MSP_DecompressVis: output overrun on model "maps/q1edge.bsp"
            (decompressed 129 of 129 output bytes)
            [I]etc[/I]

Comment

Working...