More replies on one page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More replies on one page

Hi, I have a suggestion for the message board format. Right now it looks like it allows about 10 replies on a page for a given thread, before you have to click to the next page to get the next 10 replies. Personally I'd rather have a larger limit .... like 50 or 100 replies per page so that you don't have to click to the next page so much. Its my own preference but maybe others will agree

UPDATE: I see in the user preferences section you can configure it to go up to 50 replies/page for your own account, so thats good. But sometimes I drop in to look at posts without logging in, so maybe the forum default could be increased so anonymous users will benefit?
    Last edited by mithril; 02-13-2007, 04:49 PM.
    "If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." - Rickson Gracie

That's one of the reasons it's set low for non-registered users. Gives incentives to register. Plus the more posts on a page, the more bandwidth used. We get a crapton of search engine bots hitting the forums. If I set it higher for anonymous users, our bandwidth usage will go way up. We'd much rather have the bandwidth available for other, more important things like map downlads, qrack downloads, etc. etc.

If you want to visit the forums with all your personal settings but remain anonymous, there's a setting in the control panel to do this.

Personal CP > Edit Options > Use Invisible Mode

That way you can log on to the site and your name will not appear in the users online list (or at least it shouldn't).

Comment

Working...
    X