Interesting Site Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Site Statistics

Looking at the site statistics reveal some interesting things.

The most interesting thing is that Firefox is used more than any other browser. It's a little over 50% of all traffic here.

And the I'll let the rest of the stats speak for themselves.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I aint no Mac user.
    "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

Originally posted by IEEE 802.11
      I aint no Mac user.
      IEEE, you should go use the slider bar and move it up a notch to 1280 x 960 or move it down a notch to 1024 x 768. Quit using settings that Quake doesn't like!

(Why do we have 2 identical smileys in the smileys box? What is the difference between and :d ??)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

People still use WindowsME? Need we more proof of Satan ?

I use 1280x1024 and I post news for i3d, hang out in #qc #inside3d #quakedev

Yup, thats all I had to say.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

1) 1024x768 is my home resolution and some widescreen res for my lappy
          2) I'm probably that Netscape 4 user
          3) It's pronounced Canadian*Sniper. Any Canadian can be a Sniper but there is only one Canadian*Sniper

Stop posting false information and post that FVF thing I sent you!

Comment

nope, nvm. I was using Netscape 7.2

Comment

I think that stat program I have linked at the bottom of the page is wrong... I think I'm only supposed to stick it on one page, but I've got it on every page on the site! From my server statistics, IE visitors is 51% and Firefox is 37%.

An interesting view though is the listing of every country we've had hits from. Check this out (click on picture for full size image)

Comment

Look at the United States hogging all the bandwidth

Comment

You get alot of visitors here. Did you ever do a google search on Quake? How many of these are coming from...

A. Spiders/search bots etc
                  b. search hits from google,dogpile, or whatever?
                  c. Actual hits for quake the Game?? Not Quake as in Quake as in Earth Quake. ?

Just a thought that I can't trust stats on a board with a similar name? Might be better to put those site trackers in the forum and not on the main page? Perhaps bogus hits wouldn't calculate then? Or at least not so many? Once they see the OOOPS? Not knocking it.. they could be legit and that little monitor.. haha. is probably my work one.. grrrrr And boy do these boards look like crap on that thing.
                  www.Net-Tyme.com
                  Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                  Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Nice arrows drawn in there, was funny reading it.

Comment

Directly from the server stats page, bots consist of the following number of hits (note this is hits, not unique visitors)

Googlebot - 2246
                      MSNBot - 1869
                      Inktomi Slurp - 338
                      Unknown robot (identified by 'spider') - 109
                      Unknown robot (identified by 'crawl') - 37
                      WISENutbot - 16
                      AskJeeves - 5
                      Netcraft - 1

For the entire month, we've had 356,526 hits total. So no a majority of hits is not from bots and spiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Net-Tyme
                        Just a thought that I can't trust stats on a board with a similar name? Might be better to put those site trackers in the forum and not on the main page? Perhaps bogus hits wouldn't calculate then?
                        What do you mean? I don't follow? A hit from Googlebot is a valid hit for the site, because Googlebot is indexing the page it visits. It's not a "bogus" hit. Same with users coming from search engines. I don't understand what you mean about bogus hits and "trusting stats on a board with a similar name"

Comment

Whats a bots and spiderS?

Comment

Bots/spiders are "scripts" that go out and scour the net. For example, Google has "Googlebot" which will come to the site, scan an entire page and log the text that appears on the page. It uses this information to add your site page to it's search results.

Comment

Ohh!! so THATS how google knows every web page on the internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X