Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Qrack and DarkPlaces specific subforums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Qrack and DarkPlaces specific subforums?

Should Qrack and DarkPlaces have their own subforums to make it easier to find answers to questions, features and report bugs for those engines?

OR -- should it remain the way it is to keep the forum simpler?
    Yes - It will make finding information easier
    85.71%
    No - Doing that would make the forums more complicated
    14.29%
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Interesting.

I was thinking for the purpose of merely splitting all the posts and questions related to those engines into groups so they are easier to find, not creating anything official or making obligations for anyone.

Right now, things related to those engines can be found in a lot of different places depending on the topic and I see someone asking a question somewhere that I know has been answered before, but they couldn't find it.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I was thinking for the purpose of merely splitting all the posts and questions related to those engines into groups so they are easier to find, not creating anything official or making obligations for anyone.
      sounds like a good idea to me! it would/could make up for a lack in documentation..

Comment

do it

Comment

Okay so if 99.9% of each post was geared to one particular engine, not quake in general, then what youd have is a request/bug/bitch forum.

when if u have a 'client' forum, and someone using glpro walks in and asks, "hey i think it would be cool if glpro supported qw protocol and maybe md3 models. Can JPG get off his arse and incorporate it?!". Given this, and a consolodated forum, we all would easily read and say , please , use darkplaces! But if separate forums, the dp side might not read the GLPRO side of the forum world and this request might go unanswered

I think that 'client' requests should be grouped, and the users can read requestss from all users to understand what each clients can do. It's not about building fences; lets all share the same patch of grass!
          Last edited by R00k; 04-12-2007, 09:59 PM.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I agree, I started thinking about this and more or less thought about some of the same things you did.

I wanted to raise the idea but it does not seem like a good one. I think there are other ways to make information easier to find and do a better job of it too.

Comment

I wouldn't split or merge existing topics, just force new topics into a grouped post if that is what is decided. Else it's too hard to find old stuff, especially if a thread is already spidered on a search engine. Don't wanna f--- that up.

Comment

Working...
              X