Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efess
    replied
    Phenom Sole mentioned switching to a different CMS. A few options provide converters for vb5 content, quakeone.com isn't the first community to have issues with it. But I'm skeptical - does solecord have the time/care to do it (I'm willing to help), and will it be worth it - would members care to participate again?

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    It really does resemble the original QuakeOne Theme.

But honestly I'd say if vBulletin5 is giving you issues; the community is so ingrained and the foundation is all there maybe switch to a CMS that's a little more free'ing?
    I haven't officially used vBulletin but the upgrade from 4 to 5 just from the sideline looks crippling to websites.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    [Monty can finally take off his welding goggles..] Thanks Efess, at least a casual visit to good old QuakeOne no longer fries one's retinas It looks quite crisp and fresh so good work sir and once again thank you.

Kind regards
    Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 05-24-2019, 01:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    I like the old white and blue theme better.

Leave a comment:

• Efess
    replied
    Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    I wish I would have known you were doing this. I restyled this site over a year ago to make a personal point that there was no excuse. It took like 3 or 4 hours. Anyway, I could have saved you a lot of time.

Good job.

P.S. favicon
    Thanks for favicon. Need sole unfortunately, don't have FTP access.

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    Good to see someone working on this! Thank you Efess.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    I wish I would have known you were doing this. I restyled this site over a year ago to make a personal point that there was no excuse. It took like 3 or 4 hours. Anyway, I could have saved you a lot of time.

Good job.

P.S. favicon
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-22-2019, 06:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Thank you Efess.
    You made a huge progress to the sites visual.
    I can only imagine how much work it was after all that you described/explained.
    Best wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Efess
    replied
    A few things to note:

This forum is far from it's old self. I don't see any of the old news articles or archives. It would be a real shame to lose all that.

I can only do what I have access to. There's a bunch of things I'd like to see done:

-Fix styles that I didn't find or gone over
    -Fix the styles that look like shit (I'm not a UX professional)
    -Add SSL cert
    -Upgrade to newest vb5 version
    -Fix the icons ( need a better sprite that's optimized for dark themes)
    -Add old logo or someone create a new one
    -Server Browser needs to be pruned and styled up (I don't know where he code for this is)
    -Bring back the community?
    -Did I mention I hate vb5?

I need Sole's help for some of these

Leave a comment:

• Efess
    started a topic Getting back to "normal"?

Getting back to "normal"?

Hey all, I've gone through and tried to update all the previous styles for this site. I can see why Solecord lost interest - VB5 basically rewrote the entire interface, so the old styles were useless and a complete re-apply had to happen.

BTW vb5 is trash, I'd never recommend this forum software. I spent a LOT of time getting the site to where it is - the variables are inconsistent - names don't match the use, hardcoded values, or not specified at all. Several "modules" were thrown in, some of which use variables - some don't.

I know there will be places I missed, so if something doesn't look right, drop a screenshot in here and let me know where it is so I can fix it.
Working...
X