hey eveyone
    everyone join the discord https://discord.gg/8Fu7835
    check out our twitch channel. games are streamed every sunday night,

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/7404562...ives&sort=time

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Hi Efess,
    It might be just me, and to be honest I've only just noticed it, but the member's signatures that used to be posted at the bottom of each forum post seem to have disappeared. Any ideas?

Kind regards
    Monty

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    Phenom ~ I'm sorry I missed your reply

@I never log out on my PC

My sentence was unclear. Let me rephrase it. Click "remember me" and you will stop getting logged-out every 5 seconds. In other words, the sites built-in logout time seems to be unrealistically low ... like immediately upon visiting the next page from your login. I clicked "remember me" like a year ago and I have not been logged-out since.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    Done. Here's an image example of what my css would look like if used. I changed the background color, border color, and font-family (properly). The border clipping on the right is due to my shitty crop job and has nothing to do with the css.

CSS: main.css ~ line 9, column 48,724 to column 48,950
    Code:
    .bbcode_container .bbcode_code {font-family: Consolas,monaco,monospace; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; background: #333 none 0 0; border: 1px solid #C39C71; overflow: auto; padding: 6px; width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box;}
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 07-06-2019, 02:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    Mr.Burns

I noticed this a week ago and I meant to do Efess a solid and simply send him the css fix. Unfortunately, I never got around to it. I have a few free minutes. I'm going to try to bang it out real quick. I'll post the code here if I'm able to knock it out in say the next 5 minutes.

so I have a box to play with
    Code:
    //do something
    //do something
    //do something
    //do something
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 07-06-2019, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Hi Efess,
    You asked us to let you know if I spotted anything so just in case you catch this at some point, I noticed that the style on the "Code" tags doesn't seem quite right. I recently responded to a question from a member (link) and the "code" field appeared to have white text on a white background.

Hope this helps

Kind regards
    Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 07-06-2019, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Efess
    replied
    Originally posted by Izhido View Post
    The mobile home page, when viewed in Portrait mode, shows the title of the latest post for a specific forum, but not the date it was posted. The date appears when viewed in Landscape mode. Can you please add the date next to (or below) the latest post title?
    Hey yes I can fix this.. fixed!

Leave a comment:

• Izhido
    replied
    The mobile home page, when viewed in Portrait mode, shows the title of the latest post for a specific forum, but not the date it was posted. The date appears when viewed in Landscape mode. Can you please add the date next to (or below) the latest post title?

Leave a comment:

• Efess
    replied
    Quick update - quakeone.com work has been put on hold. I don't have the ability to move anything forward without Solecord's help.

Leave a comment:

• dumptruck_ds
    replied
    Well this is truly a welcome development! GG Efess for diving into this site. IMO it's well worth reviving.

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    @re log in

Check "remember me" and stop logging out. I had the same problem over a year ago. Doing what I said fixed it.
    Thank you for the tip but I never logout on my pc.
    It could have been I was messing around with VPN software and cookies got scrambled and cache decided to work a little to good.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    @re log in

Check "remember me" and stop logging out. I had the same problem over a year ago. Doing what I said fixed it.

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    My admin permissions feel borked :/ sometimes I can post sometimes I can't and I keep having to re-login.

Leave a comment:

• Efess
    replied
    Mr.Burns Glad to hear you think there's merit in keeping this going. I'll do another round of spam cleanups, and style updates this weekend. Didn't see the User CP - good catch.

The "Broken" feel will need help from Solecord.. I'd love to at least get the previous news archive working.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Originally posted by Efess View Post
    ...will it be worth it - would members care to participate again?...
    Hi Efess,

This is just my humble opinion as a lowly quake fan of some long standing, and I freely admit I could be well wide of the mark here, but I would hazard a guess that perhaps 3 of the biggest deterrents for members [re-]investing time and energies in to the site would probably be
    1. The look and feel (which you have now largely fixed apart from the user CP area),
    2. The sheer amount of unchecked spam, and
    3. the "broken" feel of the site (many of the links and features were/are borked, etc).

If these were addressed at the outset we would at least have a firmer base on which to rebuild and attract players and contributors back.

It's probably also worth mentioning that with the sad but imminent demise of MG's excellent NextGenQuake.com site it may be a good time to address these issues and provide the active [but soon to be ex-] contributors over there with a reason to return. I only mention this as it would be a pity to let the small but perfectly formed community over there fizzle out in to nothing.

Kind regards
    Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 05-24-2019, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X