"Recent Active Topics" not updating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Recent Active Topics" not updating?

How does the "recent active topics" on the main page update? When someone posts in a thread, the thread isn't moved up on the list of "recent active topics".

No, it doesn't move up.. Your best bet is to click on the forums tab and look at the highlighted folders.
    www.Net-Tyme.com
    Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
    Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

no. in the user menu on the left of every screen, hit "New Forum Posts". it's an incredibly valuable button

Comment

I was recently asked to write a forum summary screen for a client much like the one on the front page of quakeone.com which summarises the latest posts/updates on each thread and shows the top 20 in decending last update date order. That way you got the threads with the latest activity, be it new threads or older ones that have been replied to, towards the top regardless of the age of original thread and the inactive threads just dropped off the bottom. This was particularly useful in this case as the threads were often revisited and replied to long after the original thread was created. Just my humble opinion but given the comments made perhaps this sort of logic would make the panel on the front page even more useful.

Great work on the site though guys, keep it up!

kind regards

Monty
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 09-21-2007, 08:52 AM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

"Recent Active Topics" may be bad wording for that... I believe that box actually shows the last X posts that were made on the forums... but don't quote me I haven't looked at that code for awhile.

Comment

Working...
          X