Video Playing On Site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Playing On Site.

I want to know the purpose of that video on the main site - Drill Bit Taylor.

It is slowing down the site a bit. Also, are they paying some bills for us. If then it can stay - as the tradeoff pays off - otherwise I do not see the point of it as it affects the loading of pages.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Paradi$e View Post
    I want to know the purpose of that video on the main site - Drill Bit Taylor.

It is slowing down the site a bit. Also, are they paying some bills for us. If then it can stay - as the tradeoff pays off - otherwise I do not see the point of it as it affects the loading of pages.

Thank you.
    Don't you know anything? They are AdSense ads and they help pay for the awesomeness of quakeone.com. Deal with it or make your own website like quakeone2.com

Also Solecord doesn't have complete control over what ads show. I think the people you are trying to nag at can be found here: http://www.google.com
    Last edited by Phenom; 03-15-2008, 03:16 AM.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Thanks. I did not realize that video was part of Google Ads. It must be randomly generated ads by Google then of which the site operators have no control of. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradi$e View Post
        Thanks. I did not realize that video was part of Google Ads. It must be randomly generated ads by Google then of which the site operators have no control of. Thanks for the clarification.
        Thats exactly what I said. No need to repeate what I say. But yes, they generate revenue for Quakeone.com or however Solecord wants to distribute Quakeone.com's revenue using Adsense.

He probably used it to buy himself a private jet plane!

The Q1 Falcon.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

It's like when Omi posted lyrics to a Ludacris song, that spot showed a Ludacris ad:

Comment

Working...
          X