a feature not easily access and used.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a feature not easily access and used.

So about a month ago I had to reinstall windows because of some shitty prefab compaq partion setup on a 40gig harddrive, I tried deleting the smaller partition and screwed shit up,so I lost the molded "Quake" directory with binds and everything because I hadnt bothered to back things up.

I know where I can download a NameMaker , but I think it would be much nicer if I knew quakeone.com offered a fun-name builder, and instead of heading to clanhdz (I know they have a copy),or whatever q1 related website looking for a name builder.

Does Qrack have the option to save name files????
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

I notice that there is one over at QuakeTerminus... Clicky
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Thanks for the link, I'll start using that namemaker if it works for me.

Downloading software to create a text based name just seems ludacris to me.

Quakeone.com should offer their own version of a name maker..
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It might be a nice feature when Baker/Sole are at a loose end. I also notice at Quaketerminus that there is an online version at http://www.intervisionit.com/nqeu/root/php/qnm.php

You know, I can't put my finger on it but there's something about the front page of Megazoid's Quaketerminus site that certainly grabs the attention .

If you're really stuck I notice that Qrack does save the name out to the config.cfg file within the qrack directory under _cl_name .

Hope this helps

Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

This might be out dated but here is the old one @ QB
          http://www.quakeboard.net/?viewmode=namemaker

Hola!

Comment

qrack and pq399 have a build in namemaker (type namemaker in console or go to menu -> playersetup).

you can also use the CTRL or ALT key in console to directly use colored chars..

and there is an online namemaker right on top of the links section of this site...

<-------- there

so uhm.. yeah.. pretty obsolete post mindz

Comment

well - qrack doesn't allow you to save the names is what he's saying. not such an obsolete post. I wish it did allow us to save them from inside of quake
              uakene.com

Comment

in qrack its menu_namemaker
                or
                in the console, holding down the alt or crtl and letters makes fun characters, so name "{alt-1}" would make a red number 1

u can just save out different names .cfgs like
                writeconfig myname.cfg

that will save everything and the name too
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                X