This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spooker View Post
    Please consider adding a section for clan pages. we've been talking about this for a while.

Also, I'm addicted to the "New Forum Posts" button, but after each time you hit this button you have to wait 15 seconds to hit it again. In 15 seconds I can easily read the new posts in 5 different threads and want to refresh the list of ones that I still have to read, but I have to wait. It might sound petty but it wastes a lot of time, for me at least. Could you please consider removing this 15 second wait period?

^^^What he said^^^
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

What spook's said although, to be fair, for me the page can regularly take 15 secs to load even through fat net connections .

Active clan subsites would be a good idea, I'm sure the TU'ers and maybe other clans wouldn't mind moving across and taking advantage of the communal links, downloads, server browser, Baker's styling expertise, etc.

A 'mark as read' feature would be useful within the 'New Forum Posts' section for threads that you no longer wish to monitor and remove from the listing. e.g. Some threads that are of no interest for you or have diminshed in to some pointless teeny flame war.

Some expansion of the download section might be a good move to include all the mods, patches, tools, etc you can find. These Quake related files are becoming harder to find as each year passes and some central repository with all the historical files you will ever be likely to need would be very useful and an attractive feature for new people coming in to the game and old die hard players alike.

Just my two cents worth!

Kind regards

Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
        Some expansion of the download section might be a good move to include all the mods, patches, tools, etc you can find. These Quake related files are becoming harder to find as each year passes and some central repository with all the historical files you will ever be likely to need would be very useful and an attractive feature for new people coming in to the game and old die hard players alike.
        Sincerely agree with this point.

Also, the server list on the homepage, it doesn't show what map the server is on!
        Last edited by Frenzy; 05-30-2008, 07:04 PM.
        uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
          Sincerely agree with this point.

Also, the server list on the homepage, it doesn't show what map the server is on!

Speaking of server lists, can you make it refresh every 5-7 seconds? This might put a bit more stress on the server but its better then refreshing the whole page!
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Speaking of server lists, can you make it refresh every 5-7 seconds? This might put a bit more stress on the server but its better then refreshing the whole page!
            It's not possible to do that. The server browser depends on 80 server queries.

Really, I'm surprised it can do it once per minute.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i know next to nothing about coding such shit, but is it possible to have it so that it queries like 2 seperate chunks of 40, but display simultaneously
              uakene.com

Comment

I'm surprised I still have it at 1 minute as well baker lol!

Frenzy that could be a possibility. I'll look into it.

Comment

maybe query the post popular servers separately and display them first..

Comment

Perhaps the idea of two seperate queues might be worth exploring. One for the intro page with the most popular 5-10 servers (shmack, bigfoot, flanders, whatever the most popular CA/RA servers are, etc) which runs more frequently and one for the much larger server browser which could run seperately but less frequently (perhaps every 10-15mins) or maybe only on request/refresh?

If you are using Qstat it should support multiple instances and it certainly supports on request polling from a browser as I have coded a page which does exactly this previously.

Just my humble suggestion
                    Mr.Burns
                    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

SOME I MADE JUST NOW

i hope they imbedd

the second one is how i feel i pronouce it a bit

Comment

A for effort metchsteekle, and i don't mean to make you feel bad at all, but eww
                        uakene.com

Comment

Hmm Agreed

PEHAPS THIS IS LESS UGLY?

[am i hitting caps or is it turning on on its own?]

is it just me or is these images getting smaller?

Comment

i believe a huge improvement to quakeone.com would be to remove the IHOC VS BOTS server from the server list. It NEVER has anyone on it and just sits at the top of the list like a retarded step child, not doing anything, just wasting space. Lets remove this please or create a separate section for servers with bots.

thanksforthewin

Comment

i've joined the ihoc bot server twice in the last 2 days because I saw Runescape on there, and another guy - personally I use it
                              uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
                                Hmm Agreed

PEHAPS THIS IS LESS UGLY?

[am i hitting caps or is it turning on on its own?]

is it just me or is these images getting smaller?
                                unfortunately, it's not that much better work on a cleaner look, a more professional standard if you get my drift, I know you can come up with something
                                uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                                X