This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lardarse View Post
    I think that there's a technical limitation that means that the text should be on the left side, and fit within the first 640 pixels.

Exactly. The size of the banner is very long width wise, only so the banner will continue to appear on very large resolutions. But just because it's extremely wide does not mean you need to utilize the entire size to fit your design and look. As Lardarse said, keep your main design, text, logo, etc. to the first 640 pixels or so (starting from the left). The rest of the width should simply contain a background picture or something similar just to fill in the space for larger resolutions.

If you look at the current header graphic:

http://www.quakeone.com/mkportal/tem...one/header.jpg

You'll see it's just a mirror image of the first half. The main "content" of the graphic is over to the left and the rest is just "filler." I'm not saying you need to mirror your image, but just take notice that the portion that most will need to see to define what site you're on should be on the left side of the graphic. The rest may not necessarily be seen unless people have higher resolutions.

Comment

ok how this?

also i some how took a shot in hondo's mod so i used that too

-- i thik the site shrunk my feild picture

Comment

Hows about fixing the damn site already?

Comment

nice image idea, i like the HORDE effect as if each monster is actually one of us!

Hows about fixing the damn site already?
          The gremlins went on boycott until someone fixes the leak in the basement.
          Two choices, kill the gremlins or fix the leak.
          Last edited by R00k; 10-12-2008, 12:42 AM.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Rockstar View Post
            good point.... I am just kidding about the newb comment Since we are both just "1" then we should settle this by seeing who can kill the most bots on X map in the amount of X time. With Baker as witness, on the IHOC VS BOTS server.

haha!
            Rather, who can reach 23 frags quickest,coz thats all you'll get
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Wtc, all i wanna know is when the arcade is going to come back up. Jesus!

Comment

Weee Quakeone.com is getting a makeover, sweet. It was starting to look raggy.

Hehehe, just kidding.

But yay! How bout adding a shout box somewhere on the site. (prob a waste of time, but w/e)... other than that suggestion, i dunno. As i'm half asleep, and just woke up.

Glad to see the site back up though. ^^

Comment

i saw a lot of banner have been posted here here's my try (and it can be changed easily)

opps screw'd up on the edges... can fix that too.

Comment

I liked the old template a lot more than this generic junk

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
                      I liked the old template a lot more than this generic junk
                      Sure.

Quakeone.com exactly 1 year ago.

http://web.archive.org/web/200710230....quakeone.com/*Loads slowly*
                      Last edited by Phenom; 10-22-2008, 11:15 PM.
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Just wanted to point out that the downloads section is messed up. Missing the sections that used to be there and the files.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Polarite View Post
                          Why does the middle of the logo have a very sharp break right in the middle between two different images? It looks very odd.

Upon closer inspection I assume that it's just part of the level? I haven't played DM in many years.

Either way, I would recommend choosing an area of a level where it doesn't have that 2D-sheared look. Anyone that doesn't know the level really well would think that the right side of the image is from another level altogether.

Also, there is visible aliasing on the angles, perhaps that makes it look retro, but I would think it looks nicer if you make the source resolution larger and then scale down to smooth out the angled edges.

I really like the lightning coming off Quake guy's axe, but I think the glow around his body stands out too much (more than everything else in the image).

Comment

Another thing, if you want the top logo to fit on larger screen resolutions, then it should be made to fit at least 1920x1080 screens, as they're quite common these days. That's what I have, and the logo ends a couple inches before the right edge.

Edit:

I forgot one last thing!

I can't stand how QuakeOne.com doesn't use the standard emoticons characters. Please, please add alternate matches for all the common ones, such as:

:-) :-| :-/ :-( etc.

Every other forum I've used, perhaps a few dozen over the years, uses the standard emoticon set. I can never be bothered to click the icons, I just type in the emoticon characters... but they don't work on this site, all mixed around.
                            Last edited by Samus_Aran; 11-13-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I have a suggestion, make banned users not appear in the who's online. Sure once they leave the page they cannot be seen online again. It is just a little annoying to see "WolvLikesToSodomizeBoys" in the online list lmao

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
                                I have a suggestion, make banned users not appear in the who's online. Sure once they leave the page they cannot be seen online again. It is just a little annoying to see "WolvLikesToSodomizeBoys" in the online list lmao
                                I think this is a valid point. I don't see any reason that someone who is banned gets to be listed as someone who is "online".

It isn't helpful to site.
                                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                                X