X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solecord
    started a topic QuakeOne Upgrades Coming Soon... Feedback

QuakeOne Upgrades Coming Soon... Feedback

Ok I know that this has been said before in the past but this time I'm for real

I am begining to plan out an upgrade of the QuakeOne website and am looking for feedback on what should stay, what should go (if anything), what should be added, what should be modifed to be more user friendly, etc.

Please post any feedback you may have.

The current plan as of now is to first update the forum software and the CMS being used here. Further updates will be made after, including any suggestions received in this thread.

Just a note, when the forum upgrades begin, a notice will be posted sometime beforehand and once they begin, the site will be closed until complete.

• Focalor
    replied
    Originally posted by mankrip View Post
    What's up with these downtime events lately?
    Ditto. Several days ago the site was knocked offline for a day or two. Last night I noticed a "403 Forbidden" message.

Leave a comment:

• mankrip
    replied
    What's up with these downtime events lately?

Leave a comment:

• Krymzon 45
    replied
    Thanks talisa.

I'm always making pictures and stuff, it's kind of a hobby, I hope that you like em. I will take your advice for future picture posts

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    @krymzon

try using [img][/img] instead ;)

thats what to use if you wanna add a pic to your post

Leave a comment:

• Krymzon 45
    replied
    Heres a couple of pics I made 4 Quakeone.

This site kicks ass!
    [ATTACH]Quake One.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Syluxguy28O3
    replied
    Originally posted by bluntz View Post
    keep everything in the help sections,finished work and wip sections for sure.
    Anything to do with content should stay.Even the media stuff.
    All the chit chat can certainly go to file 13.
    i saw what you did there

Leave a comment:

• bluntz
    replied
    keep everything in the help sections,finished work and wip sections for sure.
    Anything to do with content should stay.Even the media stuff.
    All the chit chat can certainly go to file 13.

Leave a comment:

• RL Clown
    replied
    Overall, I must say that this is a wonderful website. It's being run in a very logical manner. The brown coloring is easy on the eyes (the colors are not too bright). I have one suggestion though... It would be nice if we could have a Journals section. The members write their own journals (they would reply to themselves from time to time for the purpose of updating the journal). Basically, the members talk about their gaming experiences. It would be nice to see their reactions after DM, CTF, or CA. But the members could talk about other things besides gaming... (Example: "I just heard a great song on the radio. Please check it out.")

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    Sadly you run into it everywhere. I had it when I ran a TFC server for a bit - overall it was 2 members that together acted similar to how Kimp has been described to act ingame. Crashed my server a few times by some console commands (later patched by Valve). Used the invisible name crap. Even faked playing as another user who had a lower case L in their name by using a capital i - as the ingame font for those 2 characters were identical. Whereever you go, you will have people who try to ruin it in some way or another. Hell in the Gears 3 Beta I had 2 people on my team one round in Ranked just go and run at enemies never attacking - resulting in all of our respawns to go down very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    I just wish he'd agree to stop being a nuisance, and eventually see his normal login given back (And we all live happily ever after) , but thats asking way too much from both perspectives (him behaving,us giving his login back)

It would save us shit ton of headache, but then again.Who wants to make life easy on the admin's now days.

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    Gives off a bad look for the site too - seeing:
    WolvGaySex15, WolvHomoErotica5, WolvLittleBoyLove4, WolvPoop1
    just looks bad - especially to any newcomers to the site. I'd even go with removing them from the members list too (but name still taken so it cannot be reregistered)

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Concur'd

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
    I have a suggestion, make banned users not appear in the who's online. Sure once they leave the page they cannot be seen online again. It is just a little annoying to see "WolvLikesToSodomizeBoys" in the online list lmao
    I think this is a valid point. I don't see any reason that someone who is banned gets to be listed as someone who is "online".

It isn't helpful to site.

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    I have a suggestion, make banned users not appear in the who's online. Sure once they leave the page they cannot be seen online again. It is just a little annoying to see "WolvLikesToSodomizeBoys" in the online list lmao

Leave a comment:

Working...
X