Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuakeOne "Maintenance"

Changes / Updates:

1. The "Links Block" (left side of site) has been updated and modernized.
    2. A "QuakeOne Movies" link is listed under "Site Navigation"
    3. The server browser block now has a link to the Challenge TV demo archives for NQ matches and Demo uploads.
    4. The QuakeOne Navigator has been entirely updated and modernized.
    5. The "Buy Quake" pages has links to the instant download at Steam and the id store
    6. The Quake Injector has been added to the "Download a client" section. For someone who likes Quake for the single player maps, this is very useful.

Yet to do ...

1. Need to complete the finishing touches in ProQuake 4.10 for the server browser feed that EFESS has designed.
    2. Need to get downloads.quakeone.com map download depot online and functional.
    3. Need to recategorize the server browser categories now that ProQuake cheat-free is essentially dead. Will probably categorize by location, meaning United States vs. Europe.
    4. Need to get the map download links for servers updated, not that this is likely to see much use after the map depot and ProQuake and Qrack get going.
    5. Get the downloads section modernized. Most of the "pre-crash" files still aren't available in there.
    6. Maybe add the old "Quake Radios" to the QuakeOne movies page?
    7. Add DirectQ to the Download a Client section now that that has an NAT fix in it.
    8. Get install and go server sets and installation instructions available for setting up a server.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Originally posted by Baker View Post
    Changes / Updates:
    6. Maybe add the old "Quake Radios" to the QuakeOne movies page?
    QRadio gave Quakeone.com an edge, I'd like to see something similar to this that includes actual players beyond the servers interacting in a more modernized way..i mean...its 2010 almost! Quake 1 obviously isn't going anywhere so lets see how far we can push it!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

hmm, baker are you going to rename proquake 4 to just proquake? because you've passed four

Comment

I've heard a couple complaints about dm3again, but since it's been released, I can't really do much. BUT if there's ever a new pack of levels, I'd like to release a fixed version.

Comment

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
          hmm, baker are you going to rename proquake 4 to just proquake? because you've passed four
          Eh? I don't know. Haven't really thought about it.

I think the odds of me calling just "ProQuake" are pretty much zero; I don't want anyone to think of me as the author of ProQuake -- that's JP Grossman -- but as someone who is building on his work and extending it.

Engine modification is far easier in 2007/2008/2009 than it was in 2000, 2001, 2002. There are more road-tested implementations of features available and you can draw upon others work. Big difference!
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

The new integrated server browser based on a servers feed EFESS has been working on is almost done:

I've got something slightly messed up and it is parsing the order of the fields wrong. Probably a 30 minute task max to resolve.

But that's going to be tomorrow.

And then figure out what kind of server browser feed R00k wants for Qrack.

Comment

Working...
            X