No announcement yet.

Private Messages Quota (R00k read on)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What shotgun are you using (the single shotty). It looks different than both Ruohis' (Rygels pack) and Plagues.

Comment

1-1 e1m7 is easy;

1- just wait for the guy to not have rl and be on bottom floor

2- stand on lift holding it there effectively removing almost all possible access to catwalk

3- sit and laugh as they rage

Congratulations you've just won e1m7

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
        What shotgun are you using (the single shotty). It looks different than both Ruohis' (Rygels pack) and Plagues.
        The shot gun is the one in the Qrack weapons pack or if your system can take it get the full Qrack 2011 full thats what i used in the video. Get it here -->
        Originally posted by R00k View Post

Originally posted by Q -Mark [0!0]
        Did I ever 1-1 you at e1m7??!

If not we got to do it hehe I think I'm going to win !
        I dont remember, you can try to win.
        Last edited by AAA; 02-26-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Hey R00k, the last 10 builds or so do not work at all for me. As soon as I start a map after the game loads, it crashes to the desktop with the error message, "Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue". Build 3201 was the last good version that I have before the crashes started. Any idea why this is happening? The latest build I could find in that index is 3249, and that one crashes as well.

Comment

Backup your cfg, and try an empty config.cfg
            Running XP/Vista/win7?
            Send me the cvar section of your cfg and I can see if there's a conflict..
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Nothing's gonna happen the web is here to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by AAA View Post
                Nothing's gonna happen the web is here to stay.
                this is true.

although didnt this site totally crash at one point, and a bunch of stuff was lost ? i could be mistaken...
                SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Q -Mark [0!0]
                  May be I can understand R00k not to delete it's inbox... like to keep the stuff in archive

Yahoo did the "unlimited +1" email as an archive service (and to attract/keep users).

BTW I'm planning to make a complete backup of my www.quakeone.com content and if possible why not a full web site backup (not that hard).

So my message is... back it up we never know what could happen
                  too late i've deleted every important message sent to me since 2006

Comment

Backup your cfg, and try an empty config.cfg
                    Well, I figured out what crashes the game. It's caused by cl_footsteps "1". Why on earth would that happen?

Comment

Corrupted sounds or sounds outside the range that engine can handle (bad example being HL1 would crash for me if I tried to throw in any sound that wasn't 8bit mono)
                      Could be a cause?

Comment

Hey R00k, what is the command to keep the maps in memory after they are loaded? It was a feature added in the past year that makes maps take a lot longer to load.

I'm getting a lot of random stuttering in the game (this has actually been going on for a while), and I'm trying to narrow down the problem.

Comment

Hmm no not the maps, the textures are cleared per map if thats what you are thinking..

Comment

Hmm no not the maps, the textures are cleared per map if thats what you are thinking..
                            Yeah, that's the one. What is the command? Or is there one?

Comment

gl_free_world_textures. I'm not to sure how much ATI like that function.

Comment

gl_free_world_textures. I'm not to sure how much ATI like that function.
                                I'm actually using a Geforce 7800GS. I'm still trying to track down the problem. The stutters seem to happen the most when I first hear/encounter a group of monsters, or pick up some new items. It doesn't happen all the time, however... Any ideas what would cause this?

I'll try that latest build you sent me.

edit: Well, I think I've found the stutter issue to be related to the model textures. Perhaps the sheer size of the textures that come with the Reforged pack are more than my PC can handle. If I gib a Demon, for example, the game stutters momentarily due to the h_demon_0.jpg texture being 2742x2742. If I reduce the image size to 1024x1024, there is no lag upon gibbing the Demon. R00k, is there any kind of Precache option in Qrack for model textures? If the Demon head were precached before-hand, there would be no lag when I gib him.

Edit #2: Woohoo! I think I fixed the stuttering issue by setting gl_max_size to 1024. For some strange reason, it was set to 4096. Now I can enjoy Qrack at full speed once again (without resizing hundreds of textures, I might add).
                                Last edited by Lightning_Hunter; 03-10-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X