DNS Hosting For QuakeOne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Hosting For QuakeOne

So I'm thinking of moving QuakeOne's DNS over to GoDaddy instead of hosting it locally on the web server. If the web server goes down or is moved, all server DNS breaks until the web server is situated. I'd rather keep reliable DNS for all the servers that utilize a QuakeOne address.

Since the QuakeOne DNS zone contains more than 100 entries, I'd have to buy the GoDaddy Premium DNS. Anyone have any thoughts on GoDaddy DNS? Good/Bad? Any other recommendations for cheap DNS hosting for QuakeOne?

(Don't mention the free DynDNS, that's not what I'm looking for, it won't work for this)

The only requirements for DNS is to allow for around 200 records and be fairly cheap. GoDaddy's Premium DNS is $2.99/mon for unlimited records.

HostICan ?

I haven't used GoDaddy but I've been using HostICan for some time now with near flawless service.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I was gonna go with godaddy but went with Web Hosting, Domain Name Registration! - Affordable Web Hosting and Domain Name Search since they offer privacy at no extra charge and its cheaper overall then godaddy.

Comment

GoDaddy has hot chicks and race cars on their commercials, right? Go with them. Hot chicks and race cars are awesome!
        SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com
        [email protected]
        AIM - EMHof1

Comment

How many times do we have to watch Saw movies and the Axe guy spraying from his armpits to pay for all of this?

A couple of months QuakeOne.com gave me tampon commericials ago because my woman used my computer and did Facebook and Farmville stuff and whatever girly YouTube video watching and probably Glee stuff. Damn Flash cookies tracking everything that goes on on your computer.

/End joke
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadful View Post
            GoDaddy has hot chicks and race cars on their commercials, right? Go with them. Hot chicks and race cars are awesome!
            Thats just a redneck lure.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
              How many times do we have to watch Saw movies and the Axe guy spraying from his armpits to pay for all of this?

A couple of months QuakeOne.com gave me tampon commericials ago because my woman used my computer and did Facebook and Farmville stuff and whatever girly YouTube video watching and probably Glee stuff. Damn Flash cookies tracking everything that goes on on your computer.

/End joke
              I think Baker is lying. His woman didn't use his computer for Farmville and Glee - it was actually Baker!!! hahaha His "week long coding sessions" involve catching up on missed episodes of Glee!!

I think they've run out of industry related ads. I've been getting Pier 1 Import ads lol and also ads relating to my local city.

Comment

Likewise, I EVERY visit to this page the ad on the side is always "Regina Coupons"
                I did disable the ads in the top corner via HOSTS file as they were too annoying (some froze loading the page until they loaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadful View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                    I think Baker is lying. His woman didn't use his computer for Farmville
                    I am sad to say that I know more about Farmville and growing Nachos and Cupcakes than I wish I did.

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                    His woman didn't use his computer Glee - it was actually Baker!!! hahaha His "week long coding sessions" involve catching up on missed episodes of Glee!!
                    I get forced to watch Glee. The one episode with Gwyneth Paltrow was good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1_B9FCZJMA]YouTube - GLEE - "Forget You" Full Performance feat. Gwyneth Paltrow![/ame]

But aside from that one episode, I am mostly a semi-unwilling reluctant participant. She cannot get me to watch American Idol and a whole horde of girly shows I feel privileged to not be able to remember the names. We will watch 2 1/2 Men.

She doesn't like me working on Quake projects [but gets the idea that is exactly what I'm gonna do ... she is an ex-Navy hardass, but I'm far more of hardass. I mean what could be more important than Quake .. sheesh!], yet I have not yet had the courage to say "Bros before hoes."

I have a subtle feeling that would not go over well. And I only open cans of worms if absolutely required --- and being a smooth talker, such a thing is never required.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

"--- and being a smooth talker, such a thing is never required.."

Just wait until she reads this thread

Comment

^ hah

Comment

Hehehe

Comment

I recommend https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/services/dns
                            They are low price, reliable and have a good interface.
                            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Working...
                            X