News History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News History

It seems the news on the front page is overdoing it's length. If there isn't already a php function to make a "check older news" button then Sole is going to have "fun" with this.

Just looking ahead as it's getting cramped in one space

It only shows the last 5 news items. Five isn't a big number and you don't have to scroll down if you don't want to.

Some news items are short, some of them are longer.

(It has a limit of X items which can be changed. Right now X = 5, not particularly unreasonable.)

I don't see a problem with it, it's nice for first time visitors to be able see a few items back and find the things that interest them.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

my mistake. I thought it as all the news that was ever posted. Where can you see the past new posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
        my mistake. I thought it as all the news that was ever posted. Where can you see the past new posts?
        Ah, it wasn't a mistake -- I agree that it is a little "long" right now. Just the more recent 2 news items are real big. :d

"Stories Archives" on the left. Eventually it would be cool if Sole made a "More News" thing at the bottom of the page.

Sole is going to make a new feature in news so it these longer ones don't have to be so long. :d Right now, the formatting limitations require the news to be a certain way or it has unpredictable side effects in various screen resolutions.

For instance, if you notice the front page, there is no text to the left of the images.

If a news post has text to the left of the images and more than 1 image, there is the risk that certain resolutions will make images to the left of each other that looks REAL ugly.
        Last edited by Baker; 05-23-2006, 11:25 PM.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Well, if Baker used the summary field and the main article field the way it's supposed to be used, that would probably help
          Baker kind of likes to spam though, like how he plays RA :d
          uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow No. 5
            Well, if Baker used the summary field and the main article field the way it's supposed to be used, that would probably help
            Baker kind of likes to spam though, like how he plays RA :d
            Once Solecord figures out my latest wish list item, the news will look a lot nicer and take up less space. Sole kicks ass :d

Btw .. you haven't been owning me at RA lately :d :d My RA skills are approaching Yellow No. 5 levels, and you have only barely escaped defeat in recent days

(Plus how you managed to get everyone to vote-exit when I was running away with a 14 - 3 - 0 - 0 - 0 win on TerrainX. "Quick, vote-exit before he gets 15" ... assface!)

Comment

We all have our good and bad days.:d

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                Btw .. you haven't been owning me at RA lately :d :d My RA skills are approaching Yellow No. 5 levels, and you have only barely escaped defeat in recent days
                Pffft, only d/t packet loss + etoh.
                uakene.com

Comment

it's ok, whenever I RA against Yellow or Tical I just do this on a seperate machine

Code:
                  ping <whatever yellow's IP is> 65536 *

Comment

Baker aside from what you asked about which I'll add in shortly... like Yellow said, you can always use the Summary field for a short description and then have the full length story in the Story field... that way a short paragraph will be shown on the main page and it'll have a link to "READ MORE" and then full story will be displayed on the linked page... Plus with the amount of images added to the front page, it does slow down the site loading... might wanna look into that Summary field...

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord
                      Baker aside from what you asked about which I'll add in shortly... like Yellow said, you can always use the Summary field for a short description and then have the full length story in the Story field... that way a short paragraph will be shown on the main page and it'll have a link to "READ MORE" and then full story will be displayed on the linked page... Plus with the amount of images added to the front page, it does slow down the site loading... might wanna look into that Summary field...
                      the great thing about forums is this message could have been PMed or IMed but we all love blaming each other in public

Comment

it's ok, whenever I RA against Yellow or Tical

Or me.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
                          the great thing about forums is this message could have been PMed or IMed but we all love blaming each other in public
                          :d :d

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                            Or me.
                            No no no Monster, I don't ping flood you. I hack you recking your autoaim bot dragonballz powerless

Comment

Just a note: not blaming anyone for anything, just giving out info...

Comment

Working...
                              X