Site Loading/Speeds Past Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Loading/Speeds Past Week?

Just curious, is the loading of pages and site speed any different over the past week? Worse? Better? No noticeable difference? Share please.

They're consistent, in the past I've had major loading times or timed out pages.

These days it seems as if it's like playing on Speaknow compared to playing on Rage...

Rage has the low fast ping but shitty connection while Speaknow has reliable ping with great connection so it feels better.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Last week i was experiencing quakeone.com in general not loading numerous times from a few different connections. Other sites i tried loaded, such as google, facebook and so on. Anyway, if you were changing thing's over to a new host that may have been the cause. Has worked fine now for the last few days and loads pretty quick.

Comment

Seems the same for me. Only once maybe a week back it didn't load for a short while.

Speed is OK, and I'm in Europe. No complaints.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Seems same to me too even from my iphone. I say same as not slower. If it's faster i really hadnt noticed.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I occassionally run into issues, but past couple days haven't been of no consequence to my browser experience
            Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-19-2012, 10:17 AM.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I had some slowdowns a few days back. Page loaded not or very slow. Gone by now.

Comment

I swear some of the ads we are getting crash Adobe Flash Player all the damn time. Not that this is something I'm proud of, but my Flash Player is the latest version. Off-topic? Mostly.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Baker - what OS/browser? I haven't had an issue with flash player crashing. I use both Windows 7 / Chrome, Firefox, and IE ... as well as OSX/Chrome

Comment

sort of slow past week

the only thing i've noticed is it slow loading ads for about a week.

i noticed it seems to be slower when the king david guy is here, i thought you all banned him. i was on a server a week ago cause i saw some players i know and he was there talking about hiring somebody to check all ports at quakeone and said he was able to get private messgaes. but then he left when i started playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                      Baker - what OS/browser? I haven't had an issue with flash player crashing. I use both Windows 7 / Chrome, Firefox, and IE ... as well as OSX/Chrome
                      Win 7 FireFox.

I think it is Flash's fault. Chrome is built to quickly to virtually auto-recover from Flash crashes.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I've had flash in Chrome crash and it usually gives me a little popup bar that says Flash has crashed, do you want to reload it or restart it (don't remember the wording). I've never had it crash here though...

Either way, I'll check into it.

Comment

BTW, one of the complaints we had awhile ago was the quick reply taking a long time to load / make a post... for me, this has completely changed. It loads almost instantly after hitting the Post Quick Reply button on a quick reply (like this for example).

The one piece that I get that seems to slow the site down is signatures... the Gamestatus.net signatures (like mine lol) and some who have pics loading cause the site to slow down a bit when browsing forums/threads

Comment

No flash crashes here, but the site "spins" for a bit before loading. It mostly seems to hang on facebook and gamerdna for me.

Edit: when I clicked "post quick reply" to post this, it took 9 seconds to give me a Server Not Found page and then another 4 seconds to reprocess successfully after clicking "try again".
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                              BTW, one of the complaints we had awhile ago was the quick reply taking a long time to load / make a post... for me, this has completely changed. It loads almost instantly after hitting the Post Quick Reply button on a quick reply (like this for example).

The one piece that I get that seems to slow the site down is signatures... the Gamestatus.net signatures (like mine lol) and some who have pics loading cause the site to slow down a bit when browsing forums/threads
                              Limit "Fancy image sigs" to people with 100 posts or more.
                              This wouldn't fix the plethora of <100post'ers who already have images gracefully loading in their sigs, just an idea.

Honestly tho I don't like those ideas nvm. I'm not a good forum creator but I can troll one till the brink of death with the best of'em!
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                              X