Private Messages on the site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messages on the site.

I rarely ever check this area because I forget it exists, I have an idea, but it probably will be considered useless, either way.. It is to have an icon that links to the private messages and when you have a new message it will let you know by opening the envelope and posting the # of new messages you have, and make it completely optional in settings when you log into the quakeone.com server on your account, just in case some people don't feel the need or think the old way was fine. I noticed there is an option for that below your avatar on the left of the screen below your info in a small area, it should be located at the top of the screen or somewhere more noticeable and with an animated icon maybe even a sound to go along with it

edit reason: was to add more to my post.
    Last edited by ninjamonkeyz; 11-12-2012, 11:40 AM.

Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
    I rarely ever check this area because I forget it exists, I have an idea, but it probably will be considered useless, either way.. It is to have an icon that links to the private messages and when you have a new message it will let you know by opening the envelope and posting the # of new messages you have, and make it completely optional in settings when you log into the quakeone.com server on your account, just in case some people don't feel the need or think the old way was fine. I noticed there is an option for that below your avatar on the left of the screen below your info in a small area, it should be located at the top of the screen or somewhere more noticeable and with an animated icon maybe even a sound to go along with it

edit reason: was to add more to my post.
    There is an option inside your USER CP http://quakeone.com/usercp.php ,its a check box, and everytime you have a New Private Message, it will popup a window telling you about it and asking if you want to open the message in a new window.

Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up <----- Inside Settings & Options , Edit Options.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

... you can even adjust your personal settings to receive an email everytime someone sent a pm to you (if you gave your 'real' email address during registration).
      So you cannot miss it.

Comment

hmm cool thanks guys never knew about those options

Comment

i gave one of my real emails i have several i use for diff purposes. So thats cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
            i gave one of my real emails i have several i use for diff purposes. So thats cool.
            Just be careful to which women you give them too. Mrs. Shonda might catch you grape'N some other chick broseph!

Comment

Working...
            X