New Monster Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Monster Ideas

I came up with these about two years ago. (Back before I realized these forums existed.) At the time I was really inspired after beating Heretic and Quake I for the first time in years. So, I wrote down my ideas for enemies in a notebook. (Which I later lost. )

I just found the notebook yesterday, so I've decided to share its contents on these forums. There are a total of eight monster concepts (...), so expect to be reading for a while.

So let's get started, shall we?

1. Goblin (Knight Variant)
    Description: Ugly green halfling with rotten teeth and a bad attitude. Wields a 1-handed sword and a large box shield.
    Health: 85
    Will Gib When Health Reaches: -40
    Attacks and Abilities:
    -Sword Slash (10-12 HP)
    -Charging Slash (20-30 HP)
    -Shield Block (Blocks buckshot, nails and other non-explosive attacks, but locks the Goblin in place for two seconds. This leaves him vulnerable to flanking.)
    Death Message:
    "Player" was cut down by a Goblin.

2. Ogre Giant (Ogre Variant)
    Description: Larger and slightly fatter than his chainsaw-toting cousin, this cannibal monster looks like a large goblin with horns. Carries a HUGE axe for melee combat.
    Health: 300
    Will Gib When Health Reaches: -80
    Attacks and Abilities:
    -Axe Slash (25-50 HP)
    -Throw Ball & Chain (40 HP)
    Death Message:
    "Player" was cleaved by an Ogre Giant.

3. Cave Giant
    Description: Taller than an Ogre, but still smaller than a Shambler. (somehow) Wields a large wooden club capable of pounding enemies to dust.
    Health: 400
    Will Gib When Health Reaches: -60
    Attacks and Abilities:
    -Club Swing (20-40 HP)
    -Club Smash (55 HP)
    Death Message:
    "Player" was cannibalized by a Cave Giant.

4. Commander (Based on "Grunt" and "Enforcer")
    Description: Once a proud general among the human army, now another slave to the witch goddess. Being the highest in rank, he carries the strongest weapons.
    Health: 150
    Attacks and Abilities:
    -Nailgun (self-explanatory if you've played Quake I before. Fires in seven-round bursts.)
    Melee Kick (Unlike the other soldiers, this guy isn't going to let you just run up on him without doing something. As soon as you're close enough to him that he can't aim properly, he will actually stop firing and kick you in the face. Not only does this take away 20 HP, but it also knocks you backwards and stuns you for 2 seconds. While stunned, the screen puts you at shoe level, similarly to when you're dead.)
    Death Message:
    "Player" was outgunned by a Commander.

5. Ghoul
    Description: Somewhat of an amalgamation. The Ghoul is essentially a floating Zombie torso with a purple orb of light shining where its heart should be. It isn't particularly strong on its own, but its pretty dangerous when other enemies are nearby.
    Health: 95
    Attacks and Abilities:
    -Scratch (9-12 HP)
    -Flying Headbutt (15 HP)
    -Life Drain (The Ghoul saps 25 HP from its opponent and transfers it to itself. Can use this to raise its health above its starting limit.)
    Death Message:
    "Player" was drained by a Ghoul.

6. Wraith (A.K.A. Priest)
    Description: A skeletal sorcerer in a hooded priest outfit. Despite not being the strongest enemy you'll encounter, he should still be killed first if you see him.
    Health: 200
    Attacks and Abilities:
    -Chained Scythe (35 HP. Has a longer melee range than any other enemy.)
    -Resurrection (Revives all fallen enemies within a 3-foot radius of the Wraith. This does not work on gibbed enemies, and it will not take effect if the Wraith is killed before the affected monsters can revive.)
    Death Message:
    "Player" was decapitated by a Wraith.

7. Scourge
    Description: A tall skeleton with an flaming cranium. Uses fire elemental magic to lay waste to its foes.
    Health: 400
    Will Gib When Health Reaches: -60
    Attacks and Abilities:
    -Throw Fireball (Splash = 10-15 HP. Direct Hit = 45 HP)
    -Fire Breath (Deals 20 HP in damage every second the player/monster is within reach of the flame. The attack lasts for 3 seconds.)
    Death Message:
    "Player" was burned alive by a Scourge.

8. Gheist
    Description: A monstrous flying spirit that wreaks havoc upon unsuspecting foes. Due to its ghostly nature, it cannot be gibbed!
    Health: 200
    Will Gib When Health Reaches: N/A
    Attacks and Abilities:
    -Ghost Claw (10-25 HP)
    -Flying Bite (50 HP)
    -Teleport (Fades away, then reappears within a closer proximity to its enemy. It does this between attacks.)
    Death Message:
    "Player" was ambushed by a Gheist.

Feel free to leave some feedback if you feel the need. If you have any suggestions on how to tweak/improve these ideas, leave those as well.

-StrangeMinion
    Last edited by StrangeMinion; 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM.

nice ideas. now, we need somebody to make these....
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
      nice ideas. now, we need somebody to make these....
      Thanks. I'm glad to see your approval.

I'm not as fond of the first and third ideas as I want to be, but I like how the rest came out.

Comment

Working...
      X