on Facebook

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Online Users: 140
5 members and 135 guests
ArmOrAttAk, onemanclan, TR2N
Most users ever online was 647, 03-12-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Go Back Home > Forums > Quake Help > Quake Clients > Darkplaces Error Reporting Thread Search Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #61 (permalink)
Server Admin
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Mindf!3ldzX has a spectacular aura aboutMindf!3ldzX has a spectacular aura about
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Mindf!3ldzX Send a message via MSN to Mindf!3ldzX Send a message via Yahoo to Mindf!3ldzX Send a message via Skype™ to Mindf!3ldzX
Originally Posted by Perochi View Post
DARKPLACES.EXE and DARKPLACES-SDL.EXE CRASH WHEN ATTEMPTING TO CONNECT TO QUAKEWORLD SERVERS.

This just started happening to me , i reinstalled quake and extracted a fresh copy of darkplaces. But it still crashes when i try to connect to a quake world server. I have no idea why.

Even with default config!!!!
You aren't the onle one who has that problem. Maybe there is a CVAR o_O
Unread 10-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #62 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: talisa will become famous soon enoughtalisa will become famous soon enough
i noticed and seen threads of people that with the latest nvidia drivers, any ones newer then 301.42 suddenly a lot of darkplaces features seem to be broken....
mainly the rt lighting, and when loading up dp while having any driver newer then 301.42 dp will give a ton of error messages when starting up

easy work-around for it is just keep using 301.42 drivers, but could it perhaps be looked at what the problem is and if this can be fixed?

im no coder or such, but to me it seems from the error messages that some of the gl functions DP uses isnt supported in the newer driver-versions anymore.
i had also made a thread about it here, where i also attaced DP log http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...-304-79-a.html

Last edited by talisa; 10-18-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #63 (permalink)
Axe Man
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Zaratul is on a distinguished road
I upgrated Nvidia drivers to 310.33 beta and i`m no more getting errors and RT lighting is working.
Unread 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: talisa will become famous soon enoughtalisa will become famous soon enough
yep i can confirm this. just installed new 310.33 beta too myself, and tried running DP and no errors anymore

so anyone else who downgraded to 301.42 before cuz newer drivers gave errors and had dp half-broken, get new 310.33, they work fine
Unread 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #65 (permalink)
Enforcer Commander
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: _Smith_ is on a distinguished road
Issue with r_water 1

It looks like a part of the player model, that is on the other side of the water surface, is rendered when "r_water" "1"

Unread 01-11-2013, 02:26 AM   #66 (permalink)
DarkPlaces Author
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: LordHavoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by _Smith_ View Post
It looks like a part of the player model, that is on the other side of the water surface, is rendered when "r_water" "1"
I am aware of this issue but don't have a solution - hiding the player model in water refraction causes other issues...
Unread 01-11-2013, 03:52 AM   #67 (permalink)
Enforcer Commander
USER INFO »
The only thing I can add is that it is not present in this build 2011_07_02 and was introduced somewhere around September 2011. Thank you for all your work.
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #68 (permalink)
Gib Collector
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Kracov is on a distinguished road
Lag/freeze bug
When loaded with rygel's hi-res texture pack there are a lot of lags/freezes every 3-10 seconds, and last about 1-4 seconds each time. Any way to correct this? I've turned threading optimization off in my graphics driver options. I tried the "gl_finish 1" even though I may be using the regular version of Quake and I don't have opengl.

I'm using Windows 7, and other 3D games run smoothly like Torchlight with plenty of mods installed.
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #69 (permalink)
Enforcer Commander
USER INFO »
You have probably too little video memory. Rygel's ultra pack textures are huge.
Enable textures compression in Options -> Change Video Mode. It will make loadings extremely long though.

Also, consider following a link from my sig.
Unread 01-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #70 (permalink)
Gib Collector
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Kracov is on a distinguished road
thanks. what is the normal texture addon?