on Facebook

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Online Users: 161
9 members and 152 guests
Defender Go Blue, Dreadful, manwithnoname22, nahuel, nucas, Six-Shoota, talisa
Most users ever online was 2,542, 06-04-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Go Back Home > Forums > Quake Mod Releases > Finished Works > Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Engine + MOD Compilation [Sony PSP] Search Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 07-12-2016, 08:20 AM   #101 (permalink)
Enforcer
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Grzybiarz is on a distinguished road
Currently: Offline
There is a psp 1000 version. You can find a link at the first post. Though, this version isn't that advanced, as the slim eboot yet. Duke said that he will update 1000 eboot as well.

Still, this early version is as playable as the newest 2000 one, just some things in options are missing.

To dark duke:
I discovered that, when you make a new multiplayer game, you can't switch off level exits.

Also, in hypnotic mode, you can choose hypnotic only maps for Deathmatch. Same with Dissolution of Eternity.
I wonder if it is possible to for this modes to automatically start as, you launch hypnotic, and rogue mod.

You should also raise sv_aim to 0.8 (when it is switched on) because it doesent work sometimes, when it should in original.

Is any way to change ingame resolution? In jurajstyk version in order to do so, i put -rwidth and -rheight lines, but here, it doesent do anything.

Last edited by Grzybiarz; 07-12-2016 at 09:15 AM..
Unread 07-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #102 (permalink)
Ogre
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Dark_Duke is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Glenie View Post
It's amazing to see someone still develop stuff for the PSP, thanks for the hard work! Any chance of it running on PSP 1000s someday?
Hey man, I had removed the original PSP1000 eboot but its linked here! You will need the other files contained in the main download in the first post. This is an older version and is missing some bug fixes/functionality in the latest revision. I do plan on updating the 1000 version to the latest revision once I get back from work in Vegas!

Originally Posted by Grzybiarz
To dark duke:
I discovered that, when you make a new multiplayer game, you can't switch off level exits.

Also, in hypnotic mode, you can choose hypnotic only maps for Deathmatch. Same with Dissolution of Eternity.
I wonder if it is possible to for this modes to automatically start as, you launch hypnotic, and rogue mod.

You should also raise sv_aim to 0.8 (when it is switched on) because it doesent work sometimes, when it should in original.

Is any way to change ingame resolution? In jurajstyk version in order to do so, i put -rwidth and -rheight lines, but here, it doesent do anything.
Very odd regarding no level exists! I'll look into that one.

In regards to loading maps from different game modes, it's possible by taking the mapfiles from the original Quake and placing them into the respective mod folders. Unsure how to do it otherwise but I'll look into it!

I'll change the on-state for sv_aim to 0.8

I will look into adding changing in-game resolution as well!
Unread 07-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #103 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Baker has a spectacular aura aboutBaker has a spectacular aura aboutBaker has a spectacular aura about
I don't know if you've ever used WinMerge, but if you load up WinMerge and have it show the line differences between FitzQuake 0.80 ( The 0.80 source is the one ) and MDave's Windows Kurok engine ( SVN - Revision 11: / ), many of the changes MDave made to Kurok and how to reverse them become fairly obvious, especially if you compare the source file that contains the sv_aim cvar (probably pr_cmds.c)

Which you could then apply to the PSP source code.

(Click to enlarge)

In otherwords, MDave's modifications would be in yellow.

And since, I don't know if you would know how to download those files in bulk using an SVN client ...

https://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html

I once made a small tutorial on how to use an SVN client so I never had to explain it anyone: InsideQC Forums • View topic - How to use SVN to download source codez

Probably too much information, but the main resources in programming are:
1) Time
2) Effectiveness. The faster and more accurately, the more time you have.

I took ProQuake 3.50 by JP Grossman and added or improved with maybe 50 bug-fixes and common sense enhancements to create a more or less a stable and almost bug-free ProQuake 4.00 in a rather short period of time.

And I really didn't know a lot about what I was doing. I took engines that had features I wanted and then compared them to the original Quake source to see if I could identify all the changes required. Maybe only 3-4 features --- out of the 50 or so --- required a whole ton of planning --- like the video mode switch.

But because I had the right tools, the right information and was quick to give up on something complex in favor of doing 5-6 medium difficultly items, I was able to very rapidly modernize an engine. I also tested things.

So anyway, I guess I'm saying in my opinion having the right tools and right information available is part of making things easier.

/Just one perspective. I was a rather underpowered coder starting out, but used very solid methods and I frequently mentioned how little I knew, even when some non-coders didn't really believe it because all they saw was an engine transformed from GLQuake level to ultimate convenience in a span of months. It was only a couple of years later after I started tearing things apart from someone's engine and rewriting it myself as I added it to my own that the depth of my understanding started to grow --- which it did, and it became rapid growth real quick.

/Wall of text for the week. I hate wall of text posts, but sometimes the information may help. Or not.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Last edited by Baker; 07-12-2016 at 08:30 PM..
Unread 07-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #104 (permalink)
Enforcer
USER INFO »
How do you extract eboot file? I would like to try editing something in doom v0.05 eboot.
Unread 07-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #105 (permalink)
Ogre
USER INFO »
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
/Wall of text for the week. I hate wall of text posts, but sometimes the information may help. Or not.
Wall of text of the YEAR is more like it! Thanks for all the info man! I haven't used WinMerge before, I've been comparing with Notepad++ but it's not great at showing differences. Going to give WinMerge a roll when I get back from my work trip next week!
Unread 07-13-2016, 10:26 PM   #106 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Baker has a spectacular aura aboutBaker has a spectacular aura aboutBaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dark_Duke View Post
Wall of text of the YEAR is more like it!
I am glad you found that interesting. Yeah, it's not all what you know.

Part of it is technique.

Using good techniques can allow someone to do things people with more experience and knowledge cannot do with bad techniques --- as frustration and the ability to divide a large task into a smaller task are factors in getting anything done.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...
Unread 07-14-2016, 06:15 PM   #107 (permalink)
Ogre
USER INFO »
Originally Posted by Grzybiarz View Post
How do you extract eboot file? I would like to try editing something in doom v0.05 eboot.
You'll more than likely need to get the source code, make your modifications and then recompile! I remember trying to compile DoomPSP v005 and running into major issues, it was originally compiled with a really old version of GCC. When I get back from Vegas on Monday i'll help set you up with a fully functioning pspsdk environment and the respective Doom source codes!
Unread 07-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #108 (permalink)
Enforcer
USER INFO »
To be honest, i just want to find a file called default.cfg to change some values, like sfx volume because it is too loud right now. I dont know anything about programming yet.
Unread 07-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #109 (permalink)
Ogre
USER INFO »
Originally Posted by Grzybiarz View Post
To be honest, i just want to find a file called default.cfg to change some values, like sfx volume because it is too loud right now. I dont know anything about programming yet.
You can extract an eboot with PBP Unpacker though it won't really give you anything useful aside an icon image, an eboot param file [name of program, version number etc] and compiled PSP code labeled DATA.psp

You wouldn't really be able to mess with DATA.psp unless you wanted to do it at a hex level and modify strings but that is beyond myself even.

Have you tried modifying the config.ini file? I think that may be what you're looking for. Otherwise you would need to modify the source code itself and recompile!
Unread 07-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #110 (permalink)
Ogre
USER INFO »
Revision 4 out. Notes and download in main thread post! Now includes a 32mb PSP Phat version.