Quake Guy 2016
Download Here: Replacement Player Model - Ranger
This is an enhanced version of id Software's original Quake Guy, primarily focusing on graphical improvements such as an increased vertex count, smoother animations, seamless texturing that accentuates details, and 3D features with a sense of depth, all while maintaining the classic look of our favorite hero (with a few minor deviations of course). Also included is a grisly gibbed head model replacement that stays consistent in size and detail to the Quake Guy model.
Feb 18, 2017
This third and final release features several minor improvements to the model. Here's a quick list of what was done:
* Packaged the player and gibbed head models into PAK2.pak, to make installation easier (simply drag and drop into your ID1 folder).
* The armature in the .blend file was simplified/improved (as well as some bone weights). A few bone constraints were added to assist in proper deformation of the model.
* Properly attached his head to his torso (no more 'bobble-head'). The texture was slightly adjusted to accommodate for this.
* Each animation frame was fine-tuned again. They're pretty damn smooth now. Some animation scenes were re-created in a different fashion (such as some of the dying and axe-swinging scenes) for added realism...and just to mix it up a bit.
* Fixed the 'pork-ham' arms he had when holding his weapon.
* Several other small fixes/tweaks that aren't really worth mentioning (texture seams and what not), but help with the overall polish of the model.
To the non-critical eye, not a lot has changed from Version 2. But there were several small things that needed fixing, and I couldn't handle not addressing them, hence the release of this update.
I know there are quite a few people who would like a beard-less version, but unfortunately I just don't have the patience to mess with this model any longer. Other projects, both related and unrelated to Quake, call my attention. All of the source files are included...I leave it to someone else to take care of this.
The additional gibbed body parts are still included, as well as the Blender and external texture files for all models. As mentioned in the past, the extra body parts will not drop into standard Quake, but are included for modders to use.
Have fun, Quakers.