on Facebook

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Online Users: 146
7 members and 139 guests
Adam, damage_inc, Johnny Law, Mindf!3ldzX, R00k
Most users ever online was 647, 03-12-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Go Back Home > Forums > Quake Mod Releases > Works-In-Progress > rain and fog for MP1 SoA Search Forums

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 10-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: talisa will become famous soon enoughtalisa will become famous soon enough
Currently: Offline
rain and fog for MP1 SoA

hello all,

seven, roy batty and daniocampo1992 have made great .ent rain and fog files for ID1, and after trying making them myself and seeing how easy it is, i decided to start making rain and fog myself for all MP1 SoA maps

in this thread i will post any progress i make, every map i finish i will add as im done with it,
and ill also post if i revise maps to fix leakages or such or if there were parts i wasnt happy with after all

DONE SO FAR:
START - command HQ (fixes by seven)

Episode1:
HIP1M1 - the pumping station
HIP1M2 - storage facility
HIP1M3 - the lost mines v1.1 (added flying ash effect where there's lava)
HIP1M4 - research facility v1.1 (fixed part before exit-gate which i missed)
HIP1M5 - military complex v1.11 (v1.1-fixed some missing pieces webangel pointed out and added a missing part. v1.11-fixed another leak)

EP1 COMPLETE + START v1.02 (updated the pack with HIP1M3 v1.1)
complete episode1 + the start map, packed as pk3 for easy use, just put it in your hipnotic folder to use

Episode2:
HIP2M1 - ancient realms
HIP2M2 - the black cathedral v1.2 (fixed a typo in the ash which caused ash to spawn where it shouldnt)
HIP2M3 - the catacombs
HIP2M4 - the crypt v1.1 (added rain at 2 spots which i overlooked)
HIP2M5 - mortum's keep
HIP2M6 - the gremlin's domain

EPISODE2 COMPLETE v1.02 (updated the pack with the fixed HIP2M4)
packed as pk3 for easy use, just drop into your hipnotic folder to use

Episode3:
HIP3M1 - tur torment
HIP3M2 - pandemonium
HIP3M3 - limbo
HIP3M4 - the gauntlet >no windows or such, so no rain needed for this map
HIPEND - armagon's lair

EPISODE3 COMPLETE
packed as pk3 for easy use, just drop into your hipnotic folder to use it

some screenshots to show what it looks like in-game. although still pics of course dont compare to how it looks when you see it in-game

to use any of the .ent files, drop them in hipnotic\maps, and if needed rename to start.ent or hip1m1.ent, hip1m2.ent etc.
when i got any episodes done, ill put all rain-maps for each episode in a pk3 file for easy use

feel free to comment, constructive criticism on if you find any leakages or points where i could improve,
or perhaps even places i forgot (you never know, mightve overseen spots) is more then welcome and very much appreciated

for anyone who might be eager to try and make some themselves, its actually real easy! try it and see how extremely easy it is
seven made a thread with TUT on how to add rain & snow and fog to quake with darkplaces some time ago:
http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...arkplaces.html

!please note that you need seven's small mod compilation 3.1 plus the version of his SMC for MP1 installed for the rain to work!
!if you dont have these installed the rain will not work and cause darkplaces to crash on trying to load up a map!

Last edited by talisa; 11-28-2011 at 03:30 AM..
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: gdiddy62 is on a distinguished road
Just saw these splitterface and will download after work today. Thanks for the work on these!!
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: webangel is on a distinguished road
Thank you Splitterface.
Looks nice so far but I have found two leaks in hip1m1:

Unread 10-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: talisa will become famous soon enoughtalisa will become famous soon enough
ah, yes, that first one is known to me, but sadly it is unavoidable cuz of the platform the rain falls on is so thin, and its of course extra noticable cuz everything underneath the platform is entirely black and the rain is white

althought the amount of noticability might be able to be reduced by using one big rainblock instead of several, ive used several now since the window there has bars over it. let me try that and see how much it is noticable that it would use just 1 block instead of several

second one i didnt notice myself yet. for that one i will complete remove the rain in the level above then, i was doubting wether or not to put rain there cuz the openings in the ceiling are so narrow

when im done making those changes, ill upload the new version so you can judge for yourself too

EDIT: just finished. removed the rain at the top hallway cuz the opening in the celing was so extremely narrow and it caused big leaks in the floor below. and changed the rain at the stairs at the end of the same hallway to one block instead of several, which isnt noticable but decreases how much the leaking below is visible a bit. although sadly it cant be completely fixed cuz of how thin the platform is the rain falls on. the only way how this can be fixed would be if seven would fix it in the code itself.

Last edited by talisa; 10-18-2011 at 05:52 PM..
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: webangel is on a distinguished road
Thank You.
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Enforcer Commander
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: IronWarfare is on a distinguished road
Tomorrow I'll check them! Will you do this effects also for Mission pack 2?
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
Originally Posted by IronWarfare View Post
Tomorrow I'll check them! Will you do this effects also for Mission pack 2?
most likely, i would wanna do those too in the future.
but ill first finish adding rain&fog effects for this mission pack im working on now

which will be in a while, something like a few weeks or such if i do one map each day,
not counting revising them to improve parts and/or fix leaks if people find them or such.

but of course as i do more i will be able to do them faster when i learn tricks to be able to do it faster

anyways, so if i do them too it wont be for at least a few weeks yet before i start on those
but if by then nobody else has made them, i will start making those too after i finished the ones for MP1 first
Unread 10-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
just finished map 2 of episode 1

i am aware that there is some leakage in the one big area with the big platform which slides open after going through the tunnel for which you need the silver key. but sadly this is not fixable
it is caused by the fact that the platform which slides open is so thin...

link in the first post of this thread

EDIT: updated the rain in the area i said earlier to make it rain less heavy which makes the leaking a bit less
however sadly it cannot be entirely fixed, its unavoidable cuz of the thin roofing

Last edited by talisa; 10-18-2011 at 06:49 PM..
Unread 10-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
just added map 3 of episode 1 too cuz luckily it was able to make it in just a few minutes due the fact that the level features only a single huge outdoor area, which could be easily made with just a few huge rainblocks without any leaking except for a few real small ones which are unavoidable due to thin roofing. but luckily the leakings are hardly noticable

as with all other rain-maps, link in first post of this thread

EDIT: added map 4 of episode 1 too, which was extremely simple cuz there was just one outside area at start, and a bunch of windows to look out of to areas where you cant go to

Last edited by talisa; 10-18-2011 at 06:50 PM..
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chthon
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: gdiddy62 is on a distinguished road
Wow, you've been a busy girl huh!

Thanks for sharing!
Closed Thread