on Facebook

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Online Users: 381
7 members and 374 guests
303, monoz, nahuel, Planetnine, turtlevan
Most users ever online was 2,542, 06-04-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Go Back Home > Forums > Quake Talk > Other Games > Rockstar Games Weekend Sale on Steam Search Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 10-01-2016, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Shalrath
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Focalor will become famous soon enough
Currently: Offline
Originally Posted by Gem View Post
I think that when you get so complicated with things, there will always be some sort of chaos lol unless it would be regulated
There's been so many "issues" with GTAOnline though. Things that, in my opinion, were completely preventable if they would've devoted the proper oversight to things, particularly in TESTING. They've had all kinds of little gamebreaking bugs and exploits that they've had to patch AFTER the game went out. It shows a clear neglect on their part to test their product properly. I'm sure much of it had to do with corporate bullshit and the company wanting the game out quickly on the XB360 before the XB1 hit. And then since they did that, they obviously wanted to rerelease it for the next-gen systems, and none of the modeling in the XB1 version really stacks up against other games on the next-gen console. When they "updated" and rereleased it, as far as I can tell, they really just focused taking advantage of small lighting effects that would run on the new systems, maybe some higher-res textures, but they really didn't touch any of the models or architecture. Seriously, the way they animate faces and speech in cutscenes in GTA5 is so LAST gen and terrible looking, especially when compared to other XB1 titles like Ryse Son of Rome which had some ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL modeling and speech animation in it.

All the stupid little bugs and problems made me vow that I would NEVER buy another GTA game again in the future. And the players have been petitioning and petitioning them for a biker themed DLC for GTAOnline for years, and they've seemingly been flat-out ignoring everyone. But then they announced the biker DLC was actually coming, and I thought "Hmm. Maybe they DO give a damn." So if the biker DLC hits without any issues and it's a home-run overall... I'll take back all the horrible shit I've ever said about Rockstar and GTA5.

I won't deny it though, even WITH all the little problems here and there, it's still been a blast to play. My characters at rank 600-something at the moment, so obviously I haven't been so upset about it that I couldn't put in tons of time to rank up that high.
Unread 10-02-2016, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gem
Defender
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Gem will become famous soon enough
It's without a doubt as you say, it's even worse for the PC version I heard (read some reviews), so in this case and present point in time, it seems that owning the console version of this game puts one in a more preferable position in regards to having fun online with this game lol. But maybe by the time I get around to actually playing this game online they might fix its issues before starting on a new game maybe?
Unread 10-02-2016, 10:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Shalrath
USER INFO »
Seems like they're plenty satisfied to just keep continuously releasing DLC's for online as well as "mini" updates occasionally that just add a few new vehicles, like back when they'd add 1 more already-available car every 2 or 3 weeks to the list of cars that were eligible for the pricey lowrider upgrades at Benny's Customs. Doesn't sound like they have plans for development of a GTA6 to happen anytime soon. I'm pretty sure they're gonna keep squeezing all the blood they can out of GTA Online for at least another year or two. And considering its been out 2 or 3 years already, thats pretty amazing.
Unread 10-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Shambler
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: ArrrCee will become famous soon enoughArrrCee will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bfg666 View Post
I need to play that one day. Rockstar, for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption, it's whenever you want, guys... No rush, really. No rush... at... all...
I'm with you! Bring on Red Dead for PC already!!!
Unread 10-18-2016, 01:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Shalrath
USER INFO »
Originally Posted by ArrrCee View Post
I'm with you! Bring on Red Dead for PC already!!!
Ha! Figures. Rockstar seems to enjoy fucking with the people who buy their products. Ever since GTA5 came out on XB360, the online MC community has hounded them non-stop with messages and petitions for a GTAonline biker DLC. We FINALLY got it Oct 4th. And folks have wanted RDR on PC even longer. And what does Rockstar do? They announce the trailer for RDR2 today saying the game itself will be out in FALL 2017. So... don't expect RDR1 for PC. And don't expect RDR2 in Fall '17 either. Those dummies couldn't make a deadline if their lives depended on it.