Site Navigation
QuakeOne News
» Latest News
» News Archives
» QuakeOne Movies

QuakeOne Help
» File Downloads
» Quake Help
» Quake Servers

QuakeOne Community
» Forums
» Chat *new*
» Poll Booth
» Memberlist
» Member Map

Site Info
» Community Rules
» Moderator List

» Buy Quake

Visit QuakeOne.com On Facebook!Visit QuakeOne
on Facebook

Log in
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Online Users: 154
9 members and 145 guests
Defender Go Blue, Dreadful, manwithnoname22, nahuel, nucas, Six-Shoota, talisa
Most users ever online was 2,542, 06-04-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Go Back Home > Forums > Quake Talk > Quake Central > How do I make impulse commands to work in QuakeC? Search Forums

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 03-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Axe Man
USER INFO »
Posts: 16
+/-  Reputation: quake one is on a distinguished road
Join Date: Dec 2016
Currently: Offline
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Yeah, I screwed up. The impulse commands and the quad cheat are in weapons.QC. checkpowerups and PlayerPreThink are in client.QC. Apologies.

@giving you all information

I gave you more info than I had when I started QC, and I figured all that stuff out myself. And then I offered to provide an example, which you just turned down.

@couldn't find checkpowerup function

If you can't find a function in a particular file, open up all the files, and use the find feature in all open documents...which you can't do in the shitty notepad text editor. But you can do it in notepad++, the program I recommended you download to edit QC files.

So here's where we stand: you don't want to track down any of the necessary info yourself, and expect a free answer. Then when I offer you a free answer, you turn it down. I'm confused. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you're acting very demanding.
expect a free answer
you're acting very demanding
I am not expecting free answer and I am not acting demanding at all. How did you reach this conclusion? I am just asking for help and for direction. That's all. I am appreciating anyone who tries to help me. I don't get mad and angry if the help of somebody didn't assist me. It's just seems that you told me something wrong in your past replies. At first you said that CheckPowerUps and PlayerPreThink are in weapons.qc, but it appears to be false and a lie. Now you say that they are in client.qc but I still believe you, because you admitted that it was your mistake, and it's natural that people make mistakes. It's important to say and point out that your statements are false if I find them false. Don't you think so too?

Okay I had a look in client.qc and your recent statements appear to be true, and not only that, they are also very helpful. I am seeing in there under CheckPowerUps header, invisibility, invincibility and all this stuff that I am looking for and I am planning how to make my desired impulse commands to get to work that I want in my quake game. Thank you very much!

Last edited by quake one; 03-16-2017 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Chthon
Dutch's Avatar
USER INFO »
Posts: 1,000
+/-  Reputation: Dutch has a spectacular aura aboutDutch has a spectacular aura about
Join Date: Jan 2014
Currently: Offline
You're right, I'm sorry. Had a bad day yesterday and got impatient with you, which was wrong.

I'm glad you found the stuff I was talking about, if you need any more help or have any more questions just let me know.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2017, 07:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Defender
ijazz's Avatar
USER INFO »
Posts: 170
+/-  Reputation: ijazz is on a distinguished road
Join Date: Oct 2016
Currently: Offline
Good luck with your QC plans quake one.
My final exams for 8 grade will get over tomorrow so I can offer more advice.

You said you were doing a B.Sc in Computer Science?
Where? I plan to study in India(my country and where I am now) unless I find a good place.
I want to do that degree and then return to India(unless I am still in India) to do a 3D Animation degree!
Sorry for going a bit off-topic.Would like to see what you do.

-Ijaaz Ahmed(13 year old person who just finished an exam he hates called Second Language)
__________________
Dude,lets party!
Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Axe Man
USER INFO »
Posts: 16
+/-  Reputation: quake one is on a distinguished road
Join Date: Dec 2016
Currently: Offline
Originally Posted by ijazz View Post
Good luck with your QC plans quake one.
My final exams for 8 grade will get over tomorrow so I can offer more advice.

You said you were doing a B.Sc in Computer Science?
Where? I plan to study in India(my country and where I am now) unless I find a good place.
I want to do that degree and then return to India(unless I am still in India) to do a 3D Animation degree!
Sorry for going a bit off-topic.Would like to see what you do.

-Ijaaz Ahmed(13 year old person who just finished an exam he hates called Second Language)
I doing this my degree in Israel country in HIT (an acronym of Holon Institute of Technology) college and I am not learning there 3D animation, but a lot of calculus, linear algebra and discrete mathematics, including logic, sets theory, graphs theory and more. Very hard courses. Require high intelligence.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Axe Man
USER INFO »
Posts: 16
+/-  Reputation: quake one is on a distinguished road
Join Date: Dec 2016
Currently: Offline
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
You're right, I'm sorry. Had a bad day yesterday and got impatient with you, which was wrong.

I'm glad you found the stuff I was talking about, if you need any more help or have any more questions just let me know.
By the way, I have already done what I wanted to do, i.e. get the impulse commands to work, not only for quad damage, but also for pentagram of protection, ring of shadows and biosuit. Now I am trying to make infinite ammo, i.e. ammo variable does not decrease when I fire, but my attempt caused the server to shutdown and disconnect instead when I either press or click the fire key/button in game. Do you have any idea what is the right way to do this?
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Defender
ijazz's Avatar
USER INFO »
Posts: 170
+/-  Reputation: ijazz is on a distinguished road
Join Date: Oct 2016
Currently: Offline
There is a mod called Qoetia that has a cheat with infinite ammo.
You might want to check its SRC,it comes with the mod.
__________________
Dude,lets party!
Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Axe Man
USER INFO »
Posts: 16
+/-  Reputation: quake one is on a distinguished road
Join Date: Dec 2016
Currently: Offline
Originally Posted by ijazz View Post
There is a mod called Qoetia that has a cheat with infinite ammo.
You might want to check its SRC,it comes with the mod.
Can you provide me links please?
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chthon
Dutch's Avatar
USER INFO »
Posts: 1,000
+/-  Reputation: Dutch has a spectacular aura aboutDutch has a spectacular aura about
Join Date: Jan 2014
Currently: Offline
The player has 4 different ammo values: shells, nails, rockets, and cells. In weapons.qc, you will find the firing functions for each of the weapons. Within theses function, the player's ammo is decreased each time the function is called on in W_Attack() (whenever the player fires). The ammo reduction will be in a line that reads "self.current_ammo = self.ammo_shells = self.ammo_shells -1;" (that's in the W_FireShotgun() function...obviously the other fire funcions will reduce different ammotypes). Just comment these lines out, or delete them.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 01:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Defender
ijazz's Avatar
USER INFO »
Posts: 170
+/-  Reputation: ijazz is on a distinguished road
Join Date: Oct 2016
Currently: Offline
Sorry,some guy had it in his signature buy I forgot who it was.If was maybe 7 days after I joined this website.Could you tell me a way to send you this stuff without using pak or pk3 files?
__________________
Dude,lets party!
Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 03:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Axe Man
USER INFO »
Posts: 16
+/-  Reputation: quake one is on a distinguished road
Join Date: Dec 2016
Currently: Offline
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
The player has 4 different ammo values: shells, nails, rockets, and cells. In weapons.qc, you will find the firing functions for each of the weapons. Within theses function, the player's ammo is decreased each time the function is called on in W_Attack() (whenever the player fires). The ammo reduction will be in a line that reads "self.current_ammo = self.ammo_shells = self.ammo_shells -1;" (that's in the W_FireShotgun() function...obviously the other fire funcions will reduce different ammotypes). Just comment these lines out, or delete them.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:57 PM.


eXTReMe Tracker