No announcement yet.

The Bloody Slipgates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23 cards on first quick run through, but definitely going back to hunt down the rest. I could just noclip through it but doing that would feel so WRONG on this map.

Well done, somebody buy that man a large beer.
    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Or use http://www.haukerehfeld.de/projects/quakeinjector/ , this map is actually at Quaddicted for some reason.
      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Got it thanks rev and baker

why i try to make shit so complicated i will never know.
        War is hell.

Patton

Comment

Is now a good time to mention that the mapper is a Real Ale man?
          16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
          16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Just played through 100% (axed all walls found all keys)

Excellent enhancements over e1m1 and this map did something Quake has almost never made me do... Use my brain!

FUN STUFF EVERYONE SHOULD AT LEAST TRY THIS!
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I never play single player but this is a fun level. Went through once but didn't find the secret yet. I'm inspired to check out some more custom single player levels/mods.

Comment

^^^me too. makes me wonder what all i've been missing out on. lardarse should redo more of the popular levels.
                "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

I really like what you did with e1m1red. It has the e1m1 feel but with a more modern twist. The ammo and health dispensary was also a cool added feature!

Comment

HM! Health Dispenser,maybe I should read the readme.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I can't find the damn secret.

Comment

Originally posted by crowpath View Post
                        I can't find the damn secret.
                        The secret is to get all the keys... if you haven't found it then you dont have all the keys
                        http://euroquake.webs.com

Comment

Mindz: It's hidden in plain sight on the main route. So is one of the ammo dispensers. The other one is on a wall that I don't think many people ever look at.

turtlevan: You might want to try being more careful with your ammo usage. There is enough ammo on the map for nightmare. I'm not sure if there is enough ammo if you don't find the ammo dispensers, though. But it's good to hear of a completion on nightmare.

mh: You're missing 2, then. One of the ones that you're probably missing is in a place that's almost impossible to get to. One of the 2 intended routes to it relies on something that DarkPlaces does that other engines don't do. Both of those routes are unavailable if you do something in particular. I did add a thin clip brush to give an alternate route to it.
                          16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                          16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

You can add the ability that darkplaces gives, to your mod. You create a player_touch function and manipulate the FL_ONGROUND flag if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lardarse View Post
                              Mindz: It's hidden in plain sight on the main route. So is one of the ammo dispensers. The other one is on a wall that I don't think many people ever look at.

turtlevan: You might want to try being more careful with your ammo usage. There is enough ammo on the map for nightmare. I'm not sure if there is enough ammo if you don't find the ammo dispensers, though. But it's good to hear of a completion on nightmare.

mh: You're missing 2, then. One of the ones that you're probably missing is in a place that's almost impossible to get to. One of the 2 intended routes to it relies on something that DarkPlaces does that other engines don't do. Both of those routes are unavailable if you do something in particular. I did add a thin clip brush to give an alternate route to it.
                              Hmmm - if you mean jumping off things you're normally not able to jump off, I got that OK (if the thing you mean is what I think it might be)...

On 24 now.
                              Last edited by MH; 07-31-2009, 01:49 PM.
                              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

sound pretty awesome! I may have to port this to megatf coop..

Comment

Working...
                                X