Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slot-Zero ramps up updates on RuneQuake!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot-Zero ramps up updates on RuneQuake!!

RuneQuake is being actively developed again!
    Slot-Zero is looking for YOUR suggestions.You can submit idea's many different ways, the easiest being here Rune Quake Forums.
    More information about what all updates have been implemented can be found @ the aforementioned link, or at the GitHub RuneQuake Commit page,which can be found here.

Last option for suggestions and idea's, blurt them out here and I'll relay your idea's as they are posted.

You should atleast connect to quake.shmack.net and check out the Guided Rockets !!!! (pick up a RL select weapon 7 twice, and fire a rocket.)
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-02-2013, 09:20 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

while i dont play much RQ anymore 2 things i would suggest:

1: a new way to move (to replace the hook)

2: add a cool-down for certain runes.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Which runes? Some runes DO have a cool down, like Rune of Quad damage, it charges,you use it,then it has to recharge before it can be used again.

Replace the hook with? For such a bold move as to remove the hook and replace it with something,what would be that something? +jet
      ?
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        Replace the hook with? For such a bold move as to remove the hook and replace it with something,what would be that something? +jet
        ?
        maybe a double jump?...
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

hoverboards
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
            hoverboards
            no sonic riders BS!!!

jk
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

how about roller skates?
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

What about rocket shoes?
                I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

its gotta be pogo sticks, in the shape of bunnies.
                  hoverboards are an awesome second best though. reminds me of slide.
                  Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler234 View Post
                    What about rocket shoes?
                    Something close to this exists already , fire up quake and connect to ihoc.clan-rum.org , the last surviving IHOC server as far as I know of.

bind ? +jet, and check it out. I used to BBQ people daily with the Jet

(? = pick your button, I used shift)

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    hoverboards
                    fuck yeah, that would be awesome as shit IMO !!!!

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                    its gotta be pogo sticks, in the shape of bunnies.
                    hoverboards are an awesome second best though. reminds me of slide.

trying to imagine a pogo stick somehow in the gamelpay....making it a viable either Offensive or Defensive rune seems difficult....
                    Rune of Weirdness has "Hit player with constant jumping" , its annoying as hell, much like Rune of Jumping where all opponents that can see you are forced to jump uncontrollably,thats annoying too.

What about "Rune of Fiend Jump" , where your jump capability is changed from normal to the distance jump that deals damage??
                    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-01-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Get rid of gas grenades, eliminate free-hook and instead do "lithium hook" (i.e. "find the hook").

And make it a manly deathmatch plus some fun mod like it originally was in the original days --- instead of gas-grenade spam-fest that uses the grappling hook as a crutch to avoid some of the elements of Quake that really make it "Quake".

RuneQuake leans WAY to heavily towards the grappling hook. Which never bothered me skill-wise because I am a natural of that, but that factor eliminates map navigation and even things like camping valuable items as strategies --- diminishing the depth of the game very badly and makes even natural skill progression (grenade jumps, rocket jumps) no longer part of the skill set --- hence no fun and useful tricks for new players to progress to learning.

Lithium hook (i.e. grappling hook is a findable inventory item in short supply) may actually increase the fun of being a lesser skilled player but adding an extra rare possession to be exploited.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Eliminate spamming weapons, like Baker said. Gas grenades and BFG are lame.

Comment

BFG's take like 3 seconds to fire, and you're 100% vulnerable during this time,so I really wouldn't consider BFG a spam weapon? It can only be fire'd what, every 5-6 seconds?

Removing BFG will make Zen Monk the most powerful rune in the entire Set !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would have to rely on Rune of Teleport / Runes that setup a Telefrag.

I think the best idea's will come from suggetions that appease 75% plus some or minus some, granted you can't make everyone happy,I do know ripping out out hook will ruffle some quakers feathers ( I'm one of them HAEHEAH )

Gas Grenades I can take them or leave them, preferably LEAVE them due to having outstanding Grenade aiming, Gas Grenades just simply slow me the Fugg down. Same with Ricochet Rockets, it had a delay of about 1-2 seconds between firing off a 2nd shot. I always found myself just disabling the entire set of alt-weapons because of it , too.

Fire 1 Ricochet Rocket , watch it bounce happily off enemy, while enemy pumps out 2 more Rockets than you can if you're using Ricochet Rocket whether on purpose or accident.

Comment

I took a stab at some Rune idea's @ posted them over @ RuneCentral !!! I'll share one of those idea's here, to see the others you'll need to visit Rune Central And if you do visit, be sure and register !!

Rune of Matrix (allows you to walk/run on walls so long as you don't stop moving. Ceilings yes no?)

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              Rune of Matrix (allows you to walk/run on walls so long as you don't stop moving. Ceilings yes no?)
                              now that might be a viable replacment for the hook.
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                              X