Shmack annual fee timing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shmack annual fee timing.

If you enjoy playing on the Quake servers, please consider donating to help keep them around. If for some reason I don't reach enough money and can't afford to fund my $504 annual contract, I will refund all donations.

It appears chip-in, the donation site I used to use, is no longer active, but I found another site that uses paypal and keeps track with a progress meter. The progress meter is too large to fit on this forum, but it's available on the bottom left of the main site.

2013 Quake Server Donation

(taken from Rune Central • View topic - 2013 Quake Server Donations )

Donations Update
    GOAL MET!
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-21-2013, 05:44 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Hi!

Just wanted to say like the only problem shmack ever faced last 2 years is that the goal was reached in a very shhort laps of time so very few had a chance to help.

Why not raise the bar to a 3 year donation?

GL baby!!

Comment

Mindz,

If I were you, I'd put together a good - funny - catchy pitch on Kickstarter.com or Indiegogo.com as a fund raising project. Put yourself into it, you'd be surprised some of the crazy and awesome stuff that DO get funded from those sites.

However... you really need a good pitch to get peoples attention. Just a thought.

Comment

2013 Quake Server Donation
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I got the party started.
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

hEY not sure this is a good idea but could be interesting!

Best would be with admin on 26000 only...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mom; 09-15-2013, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom View Post

Am I watching Shark Tank?
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Mom View Post

lol, that sums it up nicely in 3 letters.

Comment

"(I hate to post this , but )"

Why?

Slot Zero pretty much carried the entire NetQuake community on his back during the "dark times" from 1999-2006.

Slot Zero kept the flames of "Real Quake Multiplayer" burning and THEN made incredible vote-map, and then made the best and most delicious Rocket Arena ever!, and then RocketGuy made RQuake from it and it has a match-mode that rivals (well, actually beats hands down) CRMOD. And you love Qrack, would Qrack even had existed if it were not for JoeQuake --- an engine author Slot Zero accommodated as part of the Quake common cause to help expand the community limits.

And he has had to put up with people like Scoffer and that one that pretends to be other people in emails and such.

All I am saying, I don't think his support of actually real Quake all these years should start out with an apology. This isn't a criticism, by the way. I'm just saying that if you view the responsibility in total and the burden he has willingly carried ... (fill in blanks).

Would CAx Airshot mode even exist if RQ hadn't implemented it as fun feature?

My post here is expand horizons only and I know you see what I'm getting at.

[One opinion -- and like all Baker posts, maybe even wrong too But hey, why not? ]
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                    "(I hate to post this , but )"

Why?
                    It's a grim reminder of the current state of Quake1,and that is it.

It was MY apology, because its a shitty feeling knowing the game you have enjoyed for long is so close to the edge of oblivion. Every year that the offering plate goes around,I'll be reminded of the feet/legs that are in the ground already.

Maybe my optimism in Q1 is running dry?

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                      its a shitty feeling knowing the game you have enjoyed for long is so close to the edge of oblivion.
                      Except it isn't. Your feelings betray you, young Skywalker.

Quake was here yesterday. Quake is here today. Quake will be here tomorrow.

It is people like you, Mindzy, that make it so.

I dare someone to start mocking my post. Mostly because other than being a ball of laughs, it would represent some good ol' fashioned entertainment because I haven't got to verbally own someone (except in real life --- which I get to do on a daily basis, which kicks ass!) on the internet lately and I'm kinda chomping on the bit to do this.

Doesn't a worthwhile and awesome game speak for itself? If you see my point: ups and downs are just part of the natural flow of things, but the intrinsic value of game or the passion within does not change -- which is the only reason this game 17 years after the release still gets a regular dose of innovation.

/End boring Baker post. Apologies in advance for those who chose to endure reading this.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

is this for runequake? Because runequake blows I donate -50.00
                        DAVEMAN

Comment

Hey Dave foker

1 post in the last 1 1/2 year... phewwwwww!

Nice to see you again anyway hehe.

Originally posted by davemiester View Post

Comment

Originally posted by davemiester View Post
                            It covers
                            RuneQuake 26000
                            RocketArena 26001
                            Smack DM 26002
                            Quake.CRMOD.Com 26000 (The only server outside the Shmack domain that is covered by this!)

We know u a balla dave, clean house!

Comment

Came to donate and 100% funded.

Wow, between 9 people and they cared enough to make this happy.

If more funds are needed or there is a drive next year, please contact me by email or on the servers. I don't hang out on the forums.

Thanks to everyone that keeps Quake 1 alive, as I enjoy coming home from work and spending time with my Quake family.

Comment

Working...
                              X