Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fastest Quake Has EVER Been Done (100% kills/secrets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clearly whoever is preforming the run has some skills, what I am curious though,is how they shine in online-aspect of Quake. This guy or girl absolutely has single player down to a science (something beyond the avg quaker) , and my first reaction was , I want to play online with this character. but I wouldnt want to play coop, I would be lucky to get a frag in!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      clearly whoever is preforming the run has some skills, what I am curious though,is how they shine in online-aspect of Quake. This guy or girl absolutely has single player down to a science (something beyond the avg quaker) , and my first reaction was , I want to play online with this character. but I wouldnt want to play coop, I would be lucky to get a frag in!
      It's not just being run by one player, it's a bunch of players (no girls, unfortunately) who have helped creating these Quake done Quick runs over the years. The number of players vary from project to project, and on a few occasions it has been done by just one player.

Quite a few of us socalled speedrunners are fairly good at DM too - not me though - I stick to what I know, which is speedrunning :-)

Comment

!!!!

Originally posted by QuakeSDA View Post
        No, just LOADS of practise :-)

fuckin awesome - Good Job !
        SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
        THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
        sigpic

Comment

That's how you become a legend, what a performance! i had to watch half of it twice to believe it. is there a similar style run on nightmare?

Comment

Originally posted by Seabass View Post
            That's how you become a legend, what a performance! i had to watch half of it twice to believe it. is there a similar style run on nightmare?
            Yes, but that run is rather outdated. It dates back to January 2000. We've recently finished an improvement over that run though, which beats the old run by nothing less than 11 minutes and 31 seconds, finishing in 48:00 minutes total for all of Quake (nightmare skill and 100% kills and secrets) and surprisingly enough named Qd100Qst (short for Quake done 100% Quickest). We have yet to finish the final little bits and pieces, and encode the whole thing of course, but it should be out fairly soon.

If you browse to Quake done Quick - Movies, you can see a list of all the "Quake done Quick" runs we've done over the years, and most of them are now to be found on YouTube and FaceBook in glorious video format :-) Eventually I (or someone else on the team) will get the rest of the bunch encoded.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
              clearly whoever is preforming the run has some skills, what I am curious though,is how they shine in online-aspect of Quake. This guy or girl absolutely has single player down to a science (something beyond the avg quaker)
              The E1M8 level of that video was done by Mr. Joszef --- the JoeQuake author! You know him, of course

I think Joszef has a few other current Quake speedrunning records like -- I am thinking --- Azure Agony.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I've been watching the demos over the years, and it still is amazing to watch. Scourge done Slick was excellent fun thanks to what was done with the story and camera.

What you might have missed watching e4m8 (part 5 of Qd100Qlite2) was highlighted in a previous demo by SDA. At about 2:49 of the youtube vid (1:15 of the level), the runner had something like 0.3 seconds of pent time left on that gl-jumpkill!

Killing after the timer stops is interesting because that means the time to get the 100% is different than what quake displays. Obviously, there's no rule about counting real time, and if there was, SDA has shown it to be invalid. But will it mean every other demo set needs to be redone?

Comment

My favorite one, I think, is The Rabbit Run. It's basically quake done quick on easy difficulty. They do some crazy shit in that one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam View Post
                    Seriously awesome, these guys are good at what they do! No doubt!!
                    i knew dali was the man

Comment

Working...
                    X