• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Monstrosity

Metal Monstrity is a single player nightmare. -Mindf!3ldzX
    Originally posted by Mini-review of Metal Monstrosity
    This map is unrelenting on Nightmare mode,
    I just recently dropped to Easy just so I could progress further into the map!
    Want a challenge even the most adept multiplayer gamer? This is it, the
    one thing you can normally count on is completely taken
    away from you in this map, the floor! I have a natural disdain for
    falling maps, but this map brought me back for more!
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-31-2014, 11:05 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Going to test this map :-)
    My servers for the gamers:
    bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
    port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
    Offline ATM
    fvf.servequake.com
    flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
    Offline ATM
    newdm.servequake.com
    port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
    sigpic

Comment

look for little red buttons , u gotta jump to them and hit two of them. that opens Nightmare mode, which I didn't see much difference in Hard and Nightmare, equally a grape fest at my expense. Hehe
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

What a breath of fresh air! Great looking map with a nice perspective =)

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

The flickering images in the news post are a bit of an eyesore, but it's nice to see Quake-related news once a year.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I LIKE THIS ITS A GOOD FRONTPAGE LOOK! nice to see NEW maps shown off like this! its a good reminder that quake will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
              The flickering images in the news post are a bit of an eyesore, but it's nice to see Quake-related news once a year.
              Glad to see you can half wittingly be positive all whilst continuing your sour apples mood. Ready to unplug the history and move forward? How many seconds would YOU recommend before cycling image?

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                Metal Monstrity is a single player nightmare.
                Thank you for adding my map to the front page news and thank you for trying my map, a single player map as well! Ok now I can retire a happy Quake designer

Comment

@mindz
                  yeah i agree with GB, its perhaps a bit to fast cycling the pics.
                  id say, try 10 or 15 secs between pics?

its great though indeed to finally see some quake-releated news on frontpage
                  instead of just news about some random free games on steam/origin
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Totally awesome with the news update. Great idea to do maps and mods and what not. I don't know what the status is on who's writing articles and what not, but if you ever want a map review or something to post or whatever, you can hit me up. I'm pretty good at journaling stuff.
                    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                      Totally awesome with the news update. Great idea to do maps and mods and what not.
                      This comment says it all
                      Newer members like Dutch never saw a news on quakeone.com, like they once were in earlier days.
                      Maps (doesnt matter if SP or MP), mods, engines, and a lot of other Quake stuff has been newsed. It is now really good to see that Mindz took the pole back up and continues the old tradition of quakeone

Regarding socks "gif-screenshots":
                      Yes, the pause of 2 seconds, like it is at the moment is too short.
                      But I would not make it much longer than 5 seconds, because if you do too long, the nervous/quick reader might miss the other ones, as he only 'flies' over the news (as we say in German).
                      I think 5 - 7 seconds should be enough to look at a screenshot and see it completely.
                      And it doesnt 'flicker' anymore, hehe.

Good job Mindz.

A news article should in my opinion always be short and only contain facts (not much prose speech/talk). It should always contain links (!) to the prose speech/talk thread for the interested people who want to read more information of the news article.
                      Just like the first page of a newspaper so to speak.

Kind regards and Thank you.

Comment

Nice!

This looks pretty wild and I want to give it a go.
                        Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          This comment says it all
                          Newer members like Dutch never saw a news on quakeone.com, like they once were in earlier days.
                          Maps (doesnt matter if SP or MP), mods, engines, and a lot of other Quake stuff has been newsed. It is now really good to see that Mindz took the pole back up and continues the old tradition of quakeone

Regarding socks "gif-screenshots":
                          Yes, the pause of 2 seconds, like it is at the moment is too short.
                          But I would not make it much longer than 5 seconds, because if you do too long, the nervous/quick reader might miss the other ones, as he only 'flies' over the news (as we say in German).
                          I think 5 - 7 seconds should be enough to look at a screenshot and see it completely.
                          And it doesnt 'flicker' anymore, hehe.

Good job Mindz.

A news article should in my opinion always be short and only contain facts (not much prose speech/talk). It should always contain links (!) to the prose speech/talk thread for the interested people who want to read more information of the news article.
                          Just like the first page of a newspaper so to speak.

Kind regards and Thank you.
                          Singleplayer stuff rarely lends much being said directly to me, which is when i'm most adept to listen. I had zero knowledge of the map author (SoC, a guy who's NOT new around here,go figure! This guy is mad talented,this is TWICE he's pulled me into SP realm.)

Comment

Just tried this with newest Qrack (2014), works flawlessly, though i had to up my mem to 128..

Looks great, tough as hell! I'm going to finish this map!! Might take an hour, but it's too cool to pass up.

Great job Sock!
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

... there's a newer (post-2011) Qrack?

Comment

Working...
                              X