Quake's 18th Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake's 18th Birthday

This is where a cheesy 'Quake 18th Birthday' video used to reside, until some shit-bag Ukraine person MONETIZED my NON-MONETIZED VIDEO. Sorry I'm making this news article look like trash, but I refuse to help some thieving shit-stain make money off

-this site
    -the video I made
    -Trent Reznor's work
    -Quakeone.com's traffic
    -ETC ETC

Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-08-2014, 01:45 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Sorry for the delay guys/gals. Done publishing now! I always really REALLY enjoyed the theme to quake. It makes a statement unlike no other game since Quake1. Make me wonder why no one has attempted this again (Bad ass Musician + Bad Ass game developer,ETC)
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Video is on private. :v

change that and it's all good
      twitch
      wew lad

Comment

I forgot to publish should work fine now,if not refresh/clear cache. Nothing special, haste was used in the making of this news post.

Comment

10 minutes of a picture? That doesn't seem ridiculous at all. Am I missing something?
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

nope, if you didn't get it then you'll never get it I suppose.

Popping the game disc in to play Quake, hearing the intro music while Demo1 played.

Almost therapeutic

Comment

Better yet MadGypsy, do something I can slather all over the front page of Quakeone.com

I was in a hurry, I seen a request for something about Quake1's birthday. If you can't deduce that then I'll just shut it right here. Nothing good can come from it, I'm feelin feisty.

Comment

Ya brah, I can't deduce stuff. Stupid tracert got me all fucked up lol.

@slather - I guarantee you I could come up with something. There's probably even some unreleased stuff sitting on a hard drive somewhere. I just have more productive stuff to do. Quake != a future with retirement funds. I have mobile apps to build and some Java to learn.

Comment

It's all in the eye of the beholder brah! Make that Java do your bidding!

Comment

You need a friggin degree just to set up the editor...lol. I'm past that now but, even once I get the lil Java codes that I need completed, Imma need another degree to plug it into AIR as a native extension. It's good stuff to learn though. Once I complete these tasks I'll be educated on how to use .jar and .dll files in my AIR projects, giving me more options and a more powerful level of control.

AIR isn't as powerful on android as it is on win and mac. Things that would work exactly as you expect on win and mac do strange stuff on android, like volume controls and file browsing so, java or some flavor of c have to pick up the slack.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-25-2014, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Damn, and I forgot to send a Bday card.
                      Sigh, how time flies. I remember him as a little precocious kid. Wanting to be better than the older kid at school, Duke Nukem. His younger siblings, Q2 and Q3 always looking up to their older brother but not quite living up to his superior stature. And Q4? The young tearaway was never happy living in the shadow of his older brothers. A meth habit spiralling out of control, a complete lack of regard for the law (and condoms) and ending up broken in a gaming gutter somewhere... people try not to think about it now.
                      But Q1 still sets the standards. An angry teen who continues to stay out late, bring home strange women, carries a musky odour of weed, permanent supply of fridge beer and back chats the parents, "don't you treat this place like a hotel!".

Personally, I wouldn't want it to be any other way
                      I'm glad to have wasted so much time (18 yrs) hanging out with him.
                      Cheers to ALL who sail in, er, him?

~H
                      "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink" - Sir Henry of Rawlinson End

LastFM - [Noise]

Comment

Well said H, well said.. now gtfo!

Comment

Oh, OK cakeboy
                          *I'll get me coat, cider and the goat
                          "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink" - Sir Henry of Rawlinson End

LastFM - [Noise]

Comment

Best FPS ever made, that's so true. I simply love it.

Comment

That was a really great read Sir Henry !
                              I agree to all your points, even though you wrote them in a humorous way.

Comment

Working...
                              X