Mini Quake Launcher 0.2 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Quake Launcher 0.2 released

Bad Sector has released a new version of MiniQL. Check out the discussion's HERE.
    Version 0.2 of MiniQL is a small Quake Launcher that scans your Quake directory and the PAK files underneath for mods and maps!
    Get your copy at Runtimelegend.com

The new version adds the following new features:

* the ability to scan subfolders for games (originally only toplevel folders were scanned)
    * a skill selection combobox
    * +map start for the default option
    * a button to launch Quake Injector if quakeinjector.jar is found in the Quake dir
    * -height parameter when using the (desktop) mode
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-11-2014, 06:23 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

oh miniQL is a map-launcher?

i thought from the name it would be a lightweight engine,
    which is why i stupidly enough didnt even look at the original thread

but thats neat, a lil program to easily launch any map from any folder!
    will save the trouble of having to make a ton of bat's which all have different parameters set for every map

i'll def have to check out this launcher! i have a crap-ton of maps and mods,
    would be great to just be able to easily launch em with a program and be able to get rid of the crapton of bat's i made

random question.... does it also support the -quoth parameter?
    if not it would be great if this would be added, cuz some quoth-maps need this parameter
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I'm just glad his hard work is getting noticed, as I'm betting he is devoting free time to this project and you're right! the DP -quoth would most definitely get used by many of the users here. I had this lined up for news a few days ago but I didn't want to push your News post down the same day you posted!

I alluded to the idea of getting a schedule put together to avoid this very thing!

So I back burnered it for a couple days, by the time the news was posted it was too hot to handle anymore haha, hot potato!
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

yeah absolutely, i know a lot of people here at quakeone who use darkplaces as their preferred engine,
        so supporting the -quoth parameter option would def be usefull to a lot of people

thanx for waiting a few days before positing the news-item as to not push my news-post about func_mapjam pack down right away

yeah both items just happened to be released on the same day, lol.
        saw the post from the maker that same day
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
          will save the trouble of having to make a ton of bat's which all have different parameters set for every map
          That is exactly why i made MiniQL - i was tired of making all those tiny batch files :-P
          Pixels over here.

Comment

Working...
          X